#1 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

New Badge: GIWS Donator

Info: Helped contribute to the GIWS by donating at least (set amount here) of a set resource.

I think this will help motivate people to donate to the GIWS. Not only would you get a limited edition badge, but it would help out with more donations to the GIWS. You would also feel good about yourself for doing so :)

#2 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

Man! But what about all my previously donated items? Pfft! I should have rank 3 already ;D

#3 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:20 AM

haha! I was thinking of no ranks for the badge. Just getting it for donating a set amount of resources to the GIWS. The set amount however, should be discussed here.

#4 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

View PostCoduX, on 23 January 2013 - 03:20 AM, said:

haha! I was thinking of no ranks for the badge. Just getting it for donating a set amount of resources to the GIWS. The set amount however, should be discussed here.

Thats a nice form of 'limited edition'.

Even do a badge for;

"Donated toward the construction of GIWS!" <Prehaps a date, to distinguish 'oldies' :P

Not the monthly maintanence. :P

#5 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

View PostPandemiC, on 23 January 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

Even do a badge for;

"Donated toward the construction of GIWS!" <Prehaps a date, to distinguish 'oldies' :P

Exactly what I was trying to say. Not monthly, but just for the contribution of the GIWS before it gets completed.
But I wouldn't think its fair if someone donated 1gc just to get the badge. It just defeats the whole purpose.
I reckon that there should be a set amount that you would have to donate to get the badge.

Either:

Some of each of all of the items. (Low amount donated but contributing all items)
Some of each of two of the items. (Medium amount donated but contributed to two of them items)
A lot of only one of the items. (High amount donated but contributed only one of the items)

#6 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

View PostCoduX, on 23 January 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

Even do a badge for;

Exactly what I was trying to say. Not monthly, but just for the contribution of the GIWS before it gets completed.
But I wouldn't think its fair if someone donated 1gc just to get the badge. It just defeats the whole purpose.
I reckon that there should be a set amount that you would have to donate to get the badge.

Either:

Some of each of all of the items. (Low amount donated but contributing all items)
Some of each of two of the items. (Medium amount donated but contributed to two of them items)
A lot of only one of the items. (High amount donated but contributed only one of the items)

But I donated alot of everything, what do I get mr?

#7 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

View PostPandemiC, on 23 January 2013 - 04:39 AM, said:

View PostCoduX, on 23 January 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

Even do a badge for;

Either:

But I donated alot of everything, what do I get mr?
Depends on how much you already donated..and what the set amount is voted on by the community.

#8 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2933 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

Considering how much has been donated and that once you complete GIWS, the only donations are for the monthly maintenance, I don't see any long term use for this.

#9 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

View PostLearner, on 23 January 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

Considering how much has been donated and that once you complete GIWS, the only donations are for the monthly maintenance, I don't see any long term use for this.
But people who have been here and contributed towards the GIWS, should get a nice badge to show that they helped out with the GIWS. Then when it's completed, you can't get the badge anymore. Also singles out who are the "oldschool" players. The monthly donations after the GIWS has been completed doesn't count towards the badge. I just think its a nice incentive for people to donate more for the GIWS + you get rewarded with a badge + 5 platinum coins (if your in the top 2) for the month.

#10 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

View PostCoduX, on 23 January 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

a nice incentive for people to donate more for the GIWS + you get rewarded with a badge + 5 platinum coins (if your in the top 2) for the month.

You realise that by the end of construction, if people took 5 plats per 50kgc they donated (on GC alone) I would've handed out 800$ worth of plats? :P

#11 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostPandemiC, on 24 January 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

View PostCoduX, on 23 January 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

a nice incentive for people to donate more for the GIWS + you get rewarded with a badge + 5 platinum coins (if your in the top 2) for the month.

You realise that by the end of construction, if people took 5 plats per 50kgc they donated (on GC alone) I would've handed out 800$ worth of plats? :P
Hehehe..well..for a limited time only then..I'll change my previous post when I get onto the PC.
I'm just saying that people will donate more if they get something out of it. People just won't do it because it's a waste of time and effort just for a message to be broadcasted when a GIWS invasion has started. Harvesters/mixers don't care for invasions so why donate for something that they can't benefit from? I'm telling you now, they will donate more if you give them some kind of a reward and a badge fits perfectly here.

#12 Nightmare

Nightmare

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

If badges actually give some good thing to you, they would make more sense.

#13 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

View PostNightmare, on 25 January 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

If badges actually give some good thing to you, they would make more sense.

Enables +3 a/d effective in combat with Invasion monsters?

#14 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:56 AM

I still can't get over the fact that we should get a badge for this...
Badge for contributing to the GIWS..can only be obtained during the construction of the GIWS..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users