• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 1991 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

Ok, even though the game server is not up yet, lets drop in some basic rules to start with until the community evolves more and changes things:
  • Use your common sense, until the community decides be conservative about what will or wont be allowed
  • Keep the channels 'clean' and when possible, on topic. As the community decides and grows this will change as needed
  • If you have discussions in channel about game improvements or changes, try to get the ideas into the forums so more people can provide feedback and they don't get lost
  • What we have is just what we're starting with, things WILL be changing
  • Due to spammers, hackers, etc, use of a proxy known to be used for illegal or abusive purposes will not be permitted. Using private proxy systems that have not been abusing the Internet is permitted.
  • Characters or Alts shall not interact in any way with other characters run by the same player in any way. It is best if you don't even have an Alt at all. This is not limited by IP or who is running the character at the time of the offense. Other players should not assist by being middle men or help or they may be included in punishment. Punishment can include losing all items or all characters!
  • No gc Sales for RL $'s etc / aka no black market gc sales.

#2 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 1991 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:25 AM

Added Alt restrictions

#3 yarnball

yarnball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

Use your common sense, until the community decides be conservative about what will or wont be allowed

following a few pretty racist outbursts on @1, it seems that common sense isn't the same for everyone..
As that kind of hate behaviour is likely to deter new players, I think it'd be a good idea to add something more specific in the rules about that (probably about sexism too for the same reasons, tho I haven't noted blablant abuse about that yet)

#4 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationMelburn, Strayamate.

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

Making a rule about staying on channel topic and setting channel topics works too. (Not that i'm against rules against racism and sexism in official channels & local chat)

If channel 1's topic is set to game development discussion and general help, then racist outbursts would be off-topic :P

#5 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:18 AM

Especially as ppl are already leaving Chan 1 because of it's spammy content, I think it is time for some channel discipline, chan 1 should still be for basic help and for chat about how the game is devloping. If we let ppl be driven out of chan by drivel then they wont be informed when it is time to vote on stuff

Bat17

#6 Jade

Jade

• PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

This is one of my pet peeves. I dont have a problem when these topics are kept at a friendly joking level but i do believe they have no place being on channel 1 since thats where new players are opened to immediately. This, imo, would make us look bad to new ppl and could scare them away. Not very good for a game trying to develope it's player base.

Just my 2 cents.

#7 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

+1 Jade.  I also think it's important to present the best face of the game to new players. They are the lifeblood of the game and essential to so many aspects.

#8 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

I agree 100% - It gets tideous in local/pms aswell as seeing it all over @1 with the racist outbursts.

#9 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1181 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:16 PM

Bots/Macros....
Why is that not in there?

#10 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 1991 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

View Postbutler, on 20 February 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

Bots/Macros....
Why is that not in there?
The community hasn't decided on adding that or other rules in.

#11 Hades

Hades

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

That means we can bot away!!! Yes!!!! >implying nobody did up until now

#12 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1181 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

Macros give way more advantages than multi...
Tbh it shouldnt even take a vote to make macros bannable. If you leave it unbannable your basically saying "dont level your characters, boys and girls. Just let a computer do that for you. Oh, you guys who are levelling yourselves? Well your screwed."
Macro have no advantages or reasons why not to ban them...
Please ban them.

#13 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 1991 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:16 PM

Then the community should decide on just how strict you want to be on that. Rememebr the more I have to watch the community, the less time I'll have to code when RL isn't interfering ... that's part of the reason some people have gotten away with some Alt issues and I haven't reacted. I'd like to avoid BigBrotherIsWatching as long as possible.

Even if it's not against the rules yet, people taking advantage of those loophole and botting will simple force the Community to take action.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users