25 replies to this topic

#1 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1166 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

I decided that a post between the main differences of Other-Life and Eternal Lands would better help new players in understanding what the differences are and how they work. Many new players are lost in the few minutes of their transition and can't understand what and why things are different.
*WARNING* THIS IS JUST A BRIEF OVERVIEW. IT'S NOT EVERYTHING.
Please post if I have missed anything. This will be regularly updated.

The Difference's Between The Two Servers

• Other Life has no Continent 2 (C2).
  • Other Life has bonus experience at the end of a creature kill called a "Bonus Kill".
  • Other Life has very few quests (for the time being)
  • Other Life's skill system is being reworked. Major rework is being done to the skills of

Engineering, Magic, Ranging & Summoning (Level up at your own risk!!!)

• Some of Other Life's items are been removed but may be available in the future.
  • No Rostogol Stones
  • Other Life may have items that are not currently available in Eternal Lands. What they are? That's for you to discover.
  • Other Life have "Boss Mobs" in invasions. They are slightly bigger than their counterpart with more health, damage, better stats & sometimes with a unique name.
  • The experience rate of mixing skills have been increased slightly for Potions & Manufacturing the higher the item make is.
  • A "soft reset" is available for purchase for 15 Platinum Coins. This lets you re-distribute ALL of your pickpoints straight away without having to do a #reset and level back up your Overall Level.
  • The attribute "Matter" is X6 instead of X5. This allows your health to be increased by 6HP instead of 5HP.
  • EMU is increased 2.5 for every overall level you have.
  • Mini harvesting events have been disable.
  • Only creatures of C1 residence are ingame (with the exception of some creatures that are spawned in an invasion by the Invasion Master and feros in the new Dwarven Lands)
  • All perks disable (new perks currently in test!)
  • Creatures regenerate 1HP/m except for some, which generate 3HP/m. That's for you to find out which ones.
  • Boss mobs in invasions regenerate their HP much more than 3HP per minute.
  • Astro removed.
  • Dailys, Invances & Instances removed (for now).
  • If you die in Kilaran Field (KF), 25% chance an item will drop.
  • Guild's are 240Kgc to create.
  • You gain 1.8 pickpoints for every overall level you have.
  • Brand new attribute-system thanks to Korrode. See here http://www.other-lif...d-el/#entry9808
  • Shop Services and Items are available in WSC.
  • Mercury bags spawn in Kilaran Field (KF)
  • Creature drops are different. Find out for yourself to discover these new drops!
  • Joker broadcasts hints to find him.
  • Joker can spawn anywhere
  • Joker gives out ANY item. Some that are the best in the game!
  • A mini-game called TAG. If your tagged (your name will be highlighted in purple) you find another player and use the finger/pointy icon on them to 'tag' them.
  • When mixing, you don't need to have EMU left over to mix an item, but can have a full EMU of ingredients, and the product will replace ingredients lost, rather than needing the space for the product.
  • After completing Wine/Leather Quests, you can buy bulk from any general storage instead of running to Morcraven Marsh (MM) each time.
  • #sto doesn't interrupt harvesting!
  • Most NPC will give you the option to buy as much as you can afford/carry in a single transaction.
  • Viewing Achievements doesn't effect harvesting now too.
  • Unique mobs are found in invasions such as Giant Midget & Fluffy Gargoyle. Many more for you to discover!
  • Attribute Stones have been changed into the new attributes (Charm, Rationality Removal Stone instead of Coordination or Will Removal Stone).
  • Different "instance map" called Defend the Fort (DTF) & Monster Big Bash (MBB)
  • Custom clothing for cosmetic looks have been added ingame (not really a difference but thought I'd put it in here)
  • Several mobs have a different ignore level here than in EL.
  • New lands called the "Dwarven Lands" have been released thanks to Zian, which are to be included in the new continent in the future. The lands feature 11 brand new 'outside' maps and several 'inside' maps in the new 'Thunder Mountain' range.
  • Several spawns can produce 'boss mobs' if enough are killed. How many you need to kill and which spawns are secret! We are still finding out.
  • Brand new wiki about OL thanks to Waterbottle, can be found here http://other-life.wi...Other-Life_Wiki

#2 groomsh

groomsh

• PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

There is also an extensive changelog that contains all changes made so far:

Unofficial Other-Life Wiki changelog
Unofficial changelog maintained by Groomsh (all changes in one text file)

Also all changes can be found in the announcements subforum.

#3 Juravski

Juravski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationTransylvania

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

Great! Just what every newbie needs.

1. Short essential list from Codux.
2. More in-depth info from groomsh.

+1 for both of you.

#4 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

Nice; prehaps the topic should be pinned if you are willing to update + maintain it properly CoduX.

#5 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1166 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:26 AM

View PostPandemiC, on 30 January 2013 - 04:11 AM, said:

Nice; prehaps the topic should be pinned if you are willing to update + maintain it properly CoduX.
Will do

#6 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1166 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

- Added more changes
- Updated with two links that show an in-depth look on changes.

#7 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1166 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:56 AM

Lots of new changes.
Updated.

#8 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:14 AM

maybe add the fact that here you dont need to have EMU left over to mix an item, but can have a full EMU of ings, and the product will replace ings lost, rather than needing the space for the product as in EL. Could also add that we dont have horse whistles, colour change stones, gypsum, enchanted armours, mana rings or crowns :P Could also add the WSC Shop Services/Item NPCs that trade for platinum coins P2P races and clothes.

Just a few things i think should be added, in the other of how important i think they are :P Very good guide though

#9 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1166 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

View Postbutler, on 02 January 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

maybe add the fact that here you dont need to have EMU left over to mix an item, but can have a full EMU of ings, and the product will replace ings lost, rather than needing the space for the product as in EL.
Yes I will add this in.

Could also add that we dont have horse whistles, colour change stones, gypsum, enchanted armours, mana rings or crowns
That comes under "Some of Other Life's items are been removed but may be available in the future."

Could also add the WSC Shop Services/Item NPCs that trade for platinum coins P2P races and clothes.
Already posted there

Just a few things i think should be added, in the other of how important i think they are :P Very good guide though

#10 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

A couple of useful enhancements are that after doing wine leather quests the Wine and Leather can be bought from Taverns/Gen Stores at a discount! no more running to MM.

Most NPC will give you the option to buy as much as you can afford/carry in single transaction.

#Sto no longer interrupts harvest!

#11 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1166 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

View PostBat17, on 04 January 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

A couple of useful enhancements are that after doing wine leather quests the Wine and Leather can be bought from Taverns/Gen Stores at a discount! no more running to MM.

Most NPC will give you the option to buy as much as you can afford/carry in single transaction.

#Sto no longer interrupts harvest!

#12 Legolis

Legolis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

Great Job Codux!

#13 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

Is this sitll in effect??

#14 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1166 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

View PostAlddrA, on 07 January 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

Is this sitll in effect??

yes

#15 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:30 PM

Viewing Achievements doesn't effect harvesting now too.

Also started this, with support from the EL-Wiki. If you have an El wiki account and wish to help me with this, It would be nice. Basically difference bit is just from this.

It's Eternal Land's wiki, So you won't be able to make an account under your OL name, but under your EL name.

Edited by butler, 08 May 2014 - 03:27 AM.

#16 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1166 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

View Postbutler, on 28 April 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

Also started this, with support from the EL-Wiki. If you have an El wiki account and wish to help me with this, It would be nice. Basically difference bit is just from this, and
Will add that too thanks mate. Also your message cut out?
After an afterthought, that link that you posted is nice work  with what you have done so far..but I would also rather our own offical wiki. I try to click any of the other tabs and it goes straight back to EL info.

#17 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:56 AM

Yeah sorry CoduX, but it's all i can do so far. I won't have time to try an set up a OL Wiki till summer starts, and I would really like to get a decent bit done before I bother paying to host it and buy a domain. And I'd like to know people would contribute to it before even trying to set anything up.

Really that page is just for changes and hopefully maybe to tempt a few to try it.

It's Eternal Land's wiki, So you won't be able to make an account under your OL name, but under your EL​ name.

Edited by butler, 08 May 2014 - 03:28 AM.

#18 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:28 AM

View Postbutler, on 28 April 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

Also started this, with support from the EL-Wiki. If you have an El wiki account and wish to help me with this, It would be nice. Basically difference bit is just from this, and

Nice job Butler. Well written.

#19 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1166 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:31 PM

Updated

#20 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:52 PM

Giant Midgits should be Giant Midgets
Also on the HP regeneration for mobs, I think you should put a note that some bosses regenerate a lot more (most I've seen on any is 163).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users