• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2805 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

I've been thinking about adding a section that links to the guild pages and making it available from the website. Issues related to this are making sure they stay up to date and whether it should be done by default or part of a Premium feature for guilds or not. Of course by itself, this is a lousy premium feature.

#2 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2805 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

Duh ... just starting up the guild lists after removing the qty limit & sorting by Name would be enough is we want to include them all.

#3 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

View PostLearner, on 15 February 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

I've been thinking about adding a section that links to the guild pages and making it available from the website. Issues related to this are making sure they stay up to date and whether it should be done by default or part of a Premium feature for guilds or not. Of course by itself, this is a lousy premium feature.

Enabling guilds to have their own hosted page and forum within the OL site might be quite a good premium feature, particularly if it came with things like  guild membership lists, skill leagues, beware lists, allies lists, poll facilities  etc etc.

#4 Jenfy

Jenfy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

There are plenty of free forum hosting sites - I'm not sure I see the value add on the guild page hosting munt...

I do think having a list of active guilds on the OL site with links to the respective guild sites is a good feature.  I think it would be to the benefit of all to have it a complete list, but then maybe individual guilds could have an option for premium features such as a descriptive blurb and/or a flashing 'Now Recruiting' next to the guild name.

What do you guys think?

#5 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostJenfy, on 15 February 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

There are plenty of free forum hosting sites - I'm not sure I see the value add on the guild page hosting munt...

I do think having a list of active guilds on the OL site with links to the respective guild sites is a good feature.  I think it would be to the benefit of all to have it a complete list, but then maybe individual guilds could have an option for premium features such as a descriptive blurb and/or a flashing 'Now Recruiting' next to the guild name.

What do you guys think?

Well, if you keep things linked to the game, with a basic template (or pre-made once guild is made) it will look like a decent feature and attract more players. WoW has this iirc.

#6 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

And no spamming adverts

#7 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2805 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

http://www.other-life.com/guilds.php

#8 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

Looks pretty neat. Much better than EL's version.

#9 Jade

Jade

• PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

i personally like the features of our (LLOL) forums which is on a free site. Tbh i wouldnt worry about forum hosting when there are so many for free. the link on the guild page and ingame in the #guild_info should be enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users