• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 opanowa

opanowa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:36 AM

In this topic i will explain what in my opinion works best for training to become a pker and level at a fast pace.
If your a mixer there might be some added difficulty but should still work in the same concept.

First thing id like to say is this is Other-Life not Eternal-Lands so there is a big difference in how you should train.
When fighting you get bonus experience for the kill which is the biggest difference, being said your focus should be on killing as many mobs as you can as fast as you can for the exp.
You will want to train the mob that offers the best exp/min and in this guide ill explain whats mobs to train at what level.
Your two biggest focuses are going to by Coordination and Physique.

Coordination: Allows you to carry more, increases your chance to hit, allows you to do more damage, and also allows you to avoid being hit.

Physique: Allows you to carry more, do more damage, reduces the amount of damage in a fight, and increases your health.

I recommend you taking your human nexus to 4 so that you can wear all of the armour/weapons available in game.
Next i would reccomend taking physique to 16 or 20 depending on your preference.
Then for coordination i recommend maxing this after you have your desired physique level of 16  or 20.
The reason being is with coordination you hit more meaning u kill faster which in turn is more exp/min.

Armour/Weapons:
Level 1-48 Aug torso/pants, leather boots, iron helm, fast regen cape, sun medalions, and quarter staff.
Level 48-60 Aug torso/pants, leather boots, iron helm, steel shield, fast regen cape, sun medalions, and Titanium Long sword.
Level 60+ Aug torso/pants, iron greaves, iron helm, steel shield, fast regen cape, sun medalions, and Titanium serpant sword.

When mobs become easy to hit and dont do as much damage switch to a stars medallion for more attack damage.

What mobs to train?
Level 01-13: train on rats in ip rat cave.
Level 13-17: train on foxes/deer in the forest of dp.
Level 17-23: train on wolves/deer/foxes.
Level 23-28: train on goblins/snakes/spiders in naralik.
Level 28-38: train on gargoyles in ws coal cave or tg garg cave.
Level 38-48: train on female orcs in votd temple.
Level 48-55: train on trolls/male orcs.
Level 55-65: train on ogres/trolls both.
Level 65-70: train on armed male orcs.
Level 70-99: train on cyclopes. cycs are definatly tough and cost alot of br's/he's so if ur not willing to spend the extra money for fast lvling stay on armed males orcs till around 75ish a/d.

Also a new feature Learner added is the mob spawn times mobs spawn at 18 and 48 on the ol clock so if u kill all mobs before each 18 or 48 the mobs respawn fully which in return is more exp/min agian.

My recommendation is to read the fighting books starting with gargoyles this will not reduce the amount of exp you gain but help you with your training. Training will get boring because its a constant grind but just stick it out and you will get there.

#2 Mufasa

Mufasa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

Awesome guide! Im sure it will come in handy for a LOT of people, me included ;)

#3 GypsyNomad

GypsyNomad

• PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:14 AM

Great Guide, Thx Opa. Now I don't have to ask all the time B)

#4 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

View Postopanowa, on 02 March 2013 - 05:36 AM, said:

Armour/Weapons:
Level 1-48 Aug torso/pants, leather boots, iron helm, fast regen cape, sun medalions, and quarter staff.
Level 48-60 Aug torso/pants, leather boots, iron helm, steel shield, fast regen cape, sun medalions, and Titanium Long sword.
Level 60+ Aug torso/pants, iron greaves, iron helm, steel shield, fast regen cape, sun medalions, and Titanium serpant sword.

Good guide opan, only thing i will say is depending what mobs you are on, when you start being able to hit them all the time with no misses, switch to a star med for more damage

#5 opanowa

opanowa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

View PostWarlock, on 02 March 2013 - 06:20 AM, said:

View Postopanowa, on 02 March 2013 - 05:36 AM, said:

Armour/Weapons:

Good guide opan, only thing i will say is depending what mobs you are on, when you start being able to hit them all the time with no misses, switch to a star med for more damage
will add that into the guide thanks

#6 Elder

Elder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

Nice ;)

#7 Juravski

Juravski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationTransylvania

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

I like the guide. Pretty complete from my point of view. +1

#8 scarr

scarr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

if you have high Physique, you can try to hit Falcons and Hawks in kf
Yes it is PK, but really amazing xp

#9 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

This guide is only if you are taking a fighters build.

for all the mixers; I can barely hit male ogres @ 56/57 + 24/36 p/c. :P (25 nex)

#10 opanowa

opanowa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

View PostPandemiC, on 02 March 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

This guide is only if you are taking a fighters build. :P

I can barely hit male ogres @ 56/57 + 24/36 p/c. :P (25 nex)
In this topic i will explain what in my opinion works best for training to become a pker and level at a fast pace.
If your a mixer there might be some added difficulty but should still work in the same concept.
yea i stated that it is a fighter build?? so i dont see the point in making your comment

#11 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

Nice guide opanowa.

#12 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

View Postopanowa, on 02 March 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

View PostPandemiC, on 02 March 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

This guide is only if you are taking a fighters build. :P

I can barely hit male ogres @ 56/57 + 24/36 p/c. :P (25 nex)
yea i stated that it is a fighter build?? so i dont see the point in making your comment

Just giving my two pence. If you are a mixer, with same sort of attributes, you might want to stay on trolls a little longer.

You also stated to follow the same concept if you are a mixer. No need for the stupid re-post. I can read.

#13 Aislinn

Aislinn

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

Nice guide, opanowa.

#14 exvitermini

exvitermini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:47 AM