•  

Clearing up a situation, before anymore lies are said upon it.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#21 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

Panda was a good IM, shame to see him go really.

#22 Nightmare

Nightmare

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

Learner, many people look forward to weekend for invasion, we need new plan--FAST (why fast?  because people get bored doing same thing day after day, and only thing to look forward to is invasion).  I don't mean to be negative, but without fight experience is hard to make fun invasion.  Fun = NOT spider/snake, NOT giant and fluff army, NOT gabby on single combat, fun=challenging and drop/reward that >than cost to kill but not stupid/impossible/dienomatterwhat.  

Pan found a nice balance, and i'm sure he would come up with variety when given more time.  II think Hades help or do all this invasion definition.  IDC who get credit, we need more good game, less spam.  Stop to beat up on people when they try to help game.  Patience and a little maturity please.

#23 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

Well I appreciate the fair comments, but if that means I have to answer for everything I say and do, especially to 'unknowns' like Halt, I don't want to be an IM.

A lot of players here have a problem with even the slightest of power, it's clear from EL too. You can say "the power got to my head" all you like, thing is I'm still the same person, whether you saw that side or not.

Would you all prefer me to be an antisocial "idgaf" kinda IM?

I spoke to Learner around when this happened and i'm more than happy to help define spawn groups to make the Invasions easier, but I'm far from willing to be part of a team to help all of you when you expect just a regular player, like me, to be perfect and not have any faults.

The one thing I'm not is a Liar. The one thing I don't do is bullshit beyond belief. That is why it gets on my nerves when people make me out to be a liar, because of the position I am, and the position I was in. I speak the truth, and maybe some of you can't stand that, but if I think you're a twat for one reason or another, I will tell you about it, just like any other person.

I don't appreciate being told from several different people, Halt, that the reason I don't like you is because of Opanowa and Caliphear, infact, YOU are the reason why I don't like you. Your whole attitude sucked when you joined so why would we suddenly be friends and best buds? It's not like I actually flamed you early on, I have the choice to talk to who I like and how I like. Maybe I was a bit ignorant/arrogant with you at the start but that has yourself to blame. I have completely seperate problems with those two people, and they do know why (or should know why, whether it be valid in their eyes or not ;) ) and it's not any of your business when it boils down to it to get involved in those problems. If I have a problem with FooL (KOOL) please tell me why I get along with the majority of your guildies except those outlined because I have problem with them?

All of this bullshit is about people not being able to accept they are at fault. I admitted yes, I threatened to move people for the spam, you can call me recruiting guildies is spam sure. But at the end of it you're still just a liar, you still lie bare faced to the whole community about buying something (yeah that's really pathetic) and yet you 'want whats best' for the community. BY FAR are you any kind of role model, BY FAR are you anybody who should have any say in anything if you are just a tiny, little, liar. BY FAR should you really have any kind of nerve to want whats best for the community yet you create shit, and expect me not to react.

You are just another troll. I don't retract anything I've said to you over the last few days, and I hope you realise how much you have impacted the community by, I wouldn't say forcing me to, but by letting it get to the point where I even considered resigning as an Invasion Master.

You can get all of your 'friends' behind you, you can try and stir shit between my friends all you like as well (like you have been trying). It wont make a difference to me at all. I really really really do hope you realise what you've done, and I still stand by saying I will pay for the logs to prove I am not a liar, from Learner, JUST to settle this stupid ass dispute, which I said in the first post was quite pathetic to begin with.

I honestly don't see why you can't tell the truth. I'm not sure why you would lie about NOT buying MM+Greaves. Maybe it's because you don't want to admit you died, maybe it's because you don't want to admit you paid that much. Maybe it's because you probably set this up from the start to get at me - I don't care what the answer is to that, but I rather you tell it than continue any longer with this tirade of bullshit.

#24 Nightmare

Nightmare

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:30 AM

nvm

#25 GypsyFae

GypsyFae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:33 AM

Ok. This is the first time ever I am posting in forum ANYWHERE. I never played EL. OL is first time I've actually been involved and I don't get involved.I'm usually very quiet unless chatting with friends. However, I have made friends here and I am a very loyal friend. Pandemic is my friend. Regardless of what others think, I take major exception to ANYONE calling my friends a liar. Just because it is a game does not make it any less of an insult! I do not take kindly to people insulting my friends because actually I am quite particular about who I call a friend. Think what you will of me, frankly I don't care because if you think ill of me then you are NOT my friend. And don't think that just because it's a game I can't tell the reality of a person's character because let me tell you I've been around a while and am extremely observant and quite intelligent and certainly intuitive, I see through the "facade" you wear and know exactly the sort of person you are that is if I care enough to do so. In his case I have and shame on anyone who thinks they can sit back and judge someone like that. To call a person a liar is an attack of the most heinous nature.

Fae

Live, Laugh, Love, and be Happy Always

#26 Aislinn

Aislinn

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:04 AM

Unfortunately being an Invasion Master gives you top level mod powers too.
As I understood the situation, they were not to be used for anything other than emergency use such as if a player decided to character creation spam with obscene names or a trolling person continually spamming obscenities IF and only IF Learner wasn't around to handle it himself.
Muting and threatening existing players because they are spamming and flaming, no worse than you do, because it was against YOU is no emergency.
If you expect to get support by anyone other than your closest buddies, you have to do better than that.  This is a volatile group as it is.  In your position, you should be calming that, not inflaming it.
Also given your history, you have a lot more to prove than the average person.  You're not doing very well, either ingame or the forums.  Lead by example.

#27 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

It wasn't directed at me to begin with, Aislinn.

Learner was NOT present for the spamming+flaming/obscenity that did occur, he was asleep, and I dont have justification for my action but I did what I did how could you say... 'as per request' by lets say more than a small group. The fact I did NOT mute, simply 'threatened' or 'warned' is something else. It's more of a reminder of what CAN happen if Learner was about. There was no need for it go any further than that. I didn't start to flame at the level I have untill I decided to step down as Invasion Master.

I don't expect support from anybody in this game, ever, people are never too reliable when you want them, or need them to be.

And you're seriously dragging the two games back together, yet the idea is two split them apart? Bringing up the way I act in a different game? I'm sorry but you seriously should not have any comment on this if you do that.

As for Lead by example; is that what you do in EL? Shall we bring here all the problems that people DO have with the EL mod team, pretty much specifically you and a single mod? And for pretty valid reasons. Seems the same goes for you. "You're not doing very well either ingame or the forums".

#28 Aislinn

Aislinn

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

About my modding in EL:  I don't spam and flame in channels then turn around and mute somebody for the same.  I don't break rule 5 then lock other people for it either.  See the difference?  I do not hypocritically moderate.  You may not agree with my decisions or the rules there but I go out of my way to be fair and evenhanded and not favor my friends.

But really, my moderation style in EL is immaterial here.  I am not a mod here, I did not ask to be a mod here.  You want to be one here.  Therefore, your actions, past and present, matter.  People's memories don't just go away, so you DO have a lot to overcome, like it or not.  And as a player here like everyone else, I am also entitled to post my view on the situation, like that or not as well.  Your behavior here is appalling.  You are rude and flamey and spammy and aggressive and not mod material in my opinion.  You and a few others, will drive people away, in my opinion, by your behavior in public channels.

I am pretty sure your job description does not include moderation upon request.  And your job description was for emergency moderation ONLY under dire circumstances.  Not the every-day garbage that happens that you as well participate in.  You are dividing, certainly not uniting, and not helping an already rough situation.  And I don't think running some invasions is worth the rest of it.

And let me add: Just as in EL with radu, even though I disagree with some decisions he makes, I stand by and will defend his right to make them.  I feel the same for Learner: I may disagree (and I have even less grounds to object here) but I stand by and defend his right to make whatever decisions he needs to.  However, I also retain the right to state my opinion to both.  And do.

#29 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

Well well well...

Posted Image

This is Halt's SS... just btw.

Quite pathetic.

#30 Juravski

Juravski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationTransylvania

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

I wasn't in-game when all these events happened so I will not comment on them but I know one thing for certain:

People* got so fed up with the modding from EL that if they see anything that resembles a mod in OL, they will do anything to bash him (the mod), no matter how fair or nice that mod is. (generally speaking)

With great power comes great responsibility and hatred from others.

EDIT: *people = select few who ran into trouble with the mods of EL - thank you Aisy for making it more clear :)

#31 Aislinn

Aislinn

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

"People?" Or a select few who ran into trouble with them?

#32 Nightmare

Nightmare

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostAislinn, on 13 March 2013 - 06:04 AM, said:

In your position, you should be calming that, not inflaming it.
You're not doing very well, either ingame or the forums.  Lead by example.

Oh please . . . pot calling the kettle black.  Your god complex as mod is known world around.  Rude, high handed, uncaring, impatient, "holier than thou" are all words coming to mind.  No, I never got in trouble in EL.  You comment on Pan's EL behavior/acts, then say your modding there is irrelevant . . . this is typical of your reasoning and behavior.  It is evident in almost every post u make on this forum.   Still in Aislinn gmod mode.

#33 Nova

Nova

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostPandemiC, on 13 March 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

And you're seriously dragging the two games back together, yet the idea is two split them apart? Bringing up the way I act in a different game?

This speaks volumes on personal character.  You can't expect to everyone to just forget that you can and will act differently somewhere else if the mood strikes.  If you'll do it there, how do we know you won't do it here?  There is no trust to be had for people like that and if there can't be trust, there can't be respect.

I'd also like to add that misdirection, and ommision are still forms of lying.  I'm thinking of a specific bans thread where there was another players bot involved, but won't link it here.  Not sure what the guidelines are for linking from 'the other' forum, but I do think it's an important point if you are going to claim that you 100% are not a liar.

If Pan was to continue on as IM I'd really like to see any other type of authority taken out of the job.  He would run invasions and is a regular player otherwise, even if there is some sort of something going wrong somewhere.

#34 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2829 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

View PostNova, on 13 March 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

And you're seriously dragging the two games back together, yet the idea is two split them apart? Bringing up the way I act in a different game?

This speaks volumes on personal character.  You can't expect to everyone to just forget that you can and will act differently somewhere else if the mood strikes.  If you'll do it there, how do we know you won't do it here?  There is no trust to be had for people like that and if there can't be trust, there can't be respect.

I'd also like to add that misdirection, and ommision are still forms of lying.  I'm thinking of a specific bans thread where there was another players bot involved, but won't link it here.  Not sure what the guidelines are for linking from 'the other' forum, but I do think it's an important point if you are going to claim that you 100% are not a liar.

If Pan was to continue on as IM I'd really like to see any other type of authority taken out of the job.  He would run invasions and is a regular player otherwise, even if there is some sort of something going wrong somewhere.
Please keep in mind that an OL IM has less authority then someone in EL that can run invasions, but does still have 'normal' mod powers plus invasion related commands and a few extra needed to run invasions. Pandemic did not use his additional powers, but did imply he might in order to settle people down (and people jumped to the conclusion he may use them). Personally, I'd prefer it if the players would listen to others whether they have mod powers or not to know when maybe they are getting out of hand.

#35 Marc

Marc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

View PostLearner, on 13 March 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

Personally, I'd prefer it if the players would listen to others whether they have mod powers or not to know when maybe they are getting out of hand.
I'd prefer that too, but with the extreme immaturity I have seen in OL and forums lately, unfortunately that feels like vain hopes. When people are deliberately attacking eachother and enjoy doing so, I begin to wonder if they want this game to develop successfully.

#36 Nova

Nova

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

I understand all that.  I'd still like to see him told that he can't use those mod powers or even threaten with them, and that he has no authority at all other than in invasions.  And I think it would be absolutely awesome if everyone could respect everyone else if they ask politely for some kind of bad behavior to stop.  I also think  it would be awesome to be able to turn any kind of food into ice cream if I felt like it.  Both those things are pretty far fetched in the hopes department, unfortunatly.  It only takes one person bent on disruption to ruin a nice system like that. :(

#37 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

View PostNova, on 13 March 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

You are ill informed about that topic beyond belief, Nova.

If I didn't actually tell Yosie anything, It's not exactly lying now is it? The point of that thread was to get her unbanned, at any cost, for Aislinn's stupidity in thinking that I had actually handled any GC. At the end of the day, the gc/items remained on Yosies bot, and all GC on that bot remained untouched by myself. There is no multi about it. Aislinn once again has it arse over tit, and you are fragrantly grabbing at thin air.

For two people who don't actually play, you sure have a lot to say.

I also mentioned I have no interest whatsoever in doing invasions again, regardless of what kind of abilities I get for doing the position and this whole bullshit right here has probably put a few off from doing it aswell.

#38 Aislinn

Aislinn

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

It wasn't her place to be well informed.  Even the little that was public was bad enough though.  However, no, don't go there pandemic.  Not falling for your bs does not mean I have it "arse over tit".  Nor was that your only EL problem.

And what do you mean I don't play?

#39 Nova

Nova

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

Not actually telling someone something is lying by ommision.  Hiding the truth (your words) is still a kind of lying.  The rest of that thread/situation is irrelevant.  And if you were just saying anything and everything you needed to to get her unbanned, well then that's lying too.

I'm not interested in fully playing the game until it has made many more leaps and bounds and has had many more changes.  I am interested in playing after it has.   I quietly peek in now and then to check out the changes, but I have no want to put time into it until it is something more.  My opinion (and anyone else who feels the same) on topics like this is as valid as anyone elses and to imply that it isn't shows an amazing amount of short sightedness.  The fact that you think that way is why I'd request for you to be told not to use any type of mod powers beyond IM.  You, like many many people, have a hard time controling yourself if you feel slighted or attacked or criticized.  It's a totally normal and natural resonse, but it makes you unsuited for much authority over anyone.

#40 Nightmare

Nightmare

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

View PostNova, on 13 March 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

I'm not interested in fully playing the game until it has made many more leaps and bounds and has had many more changes.  I am interested in playing after it has.   I quietly peek in now and then to check out the changes, but I have no want to put time into it until it is something more.  My opinion (and anyone else who feels the same) on topics like this is as valid as anyone elses and to imply that it isn't shows an amazing amount of short sightedness.  The fact that you think that way is why I'd request for you to be told not to use any type of mod powers beyond IM.  You, like many many people, have a hard time controling yourself if you feel slighted or attacked or criticized.  It's a totally normal and natural resonse, but it makes you unsuited for much authority over anyone.

I like you Nova, but this is quite selfish, and tbh, opinions of people who don't play, experience, work at, test, and give practical input into the game as it exist has less value for me.

View PostAislinn, on 13 March 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

And what do you mean I don't play?

He means that u logging on a few times/month, arguing on forum like you have some great insight and power is not really playing, I think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users