•  
* * * * * 1 votes

Augmented Leather change?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Change Augmented Armors? (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Do we change Augmented Leathers to 2-9 & 1-6?

1. Yes (27 votes [51.92%])

Percentage of vote: 51.92%

2. No (19 votes [36.54%])

Percentage of vote: 36.54%

3. I don't know (6 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

Vote

#21 Blackbeard

Blackbeard

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

Because you can't just expect the community to come up with an equipment system that people will vote for, inevitably there will be conflicting opinions, people won't want their gears removed, people will whine if something is made stronger/weaker/removed/added etc. etc.
The equipment system obviously would benefit from a complete rehaul though

#22 Nightmare

Nightmare

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

View PostNova, on 04 April 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

damnit, hades beat me to it.  I was wondering why we are having votes for one single thing (augs, poision antis) when the proper thing to do would be to decide that it is time to tackle the whole system.  in the case of armors and weapons, i think those can't be balanced til the atts/X-atts system is in place and it's probably a waste of time to think about until then.

The reason we talk about make augs worse can all be found here and is same movement which failed first time, repackaged.  I voted no because I believe end result will eventually be to make pk more expensive, which helped kill PK elsewhere.  Korrode had this right, keep pk cheap and it will live; make pk expensive and it will die.  If/when we redo armor, we all should remember this, I think.

#23 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2732 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:12 AM

View PostNightmare, on 04 April 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

View PostNova, on 04 April 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

damnit, hades beat me to it.  I was wondering why we are having votes for one single thing (augs, poision antis) when the proper thing to do would be to decide that it is time to tackle the whole system.  in the case of armors and weapons, i think those can't be balanced til the atts/X-atts system is in place and it's probably a waste of time to think about until then.

The reason we talk about make augs worse can all be found here and is same movement which failed first time, repackaged.  I voted no because I believe end result will eventually be to make pk more expensive, which helped kill PK elsewhere.  Korrode had this right, keep pk cheap and it will live; make pk expensive and it will die.  If/when we redo armor, we all should remember this, I think.
There was no vote over on that other discussion, so this isn't it repackaged. Yes, that thread was a factor in trying this change change initially, but I have always thought that Augs were too good when compared to their break rate and cost compared to most other other armors. Keeping the change to a small amount still keeps them very usable and further changes down the road  affecting more then just one item are expected, but not until after Magic & Ranging have already been addressed as well.

#24 Hades

Hades

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:41 AM

dont care anymore, i deleted char and quit

#25 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2732 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

View PostHades, on 05 April 2013 - 03:41 AM, said:

Someone go propose a full Armor/Weapon system, with stats etc. so we can have them implemented ASAP when the times comes.
In it's own thread of course, not here!

#26 Tuffy

Tuffy

• PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

voted no, i think the other armors need be tweaked better like iron full set, the cost of it is pretty steep right now and when i tried it i prefered to use aug set instead becuse of the price. im willing to fork out more for cheap aug sets than buy a full iron set for say 40k atm. if anything maybe up the breakage alittle more on aug sets to keep a good flo in the game otherwise more peeps will just go to full iron sets and use them instead.

#27 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2732 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Of course we do need to go over all sorts of items & stats, and I had originally suggested increasing the break rate on these instead of adjusting their values, but that had no significant support. As for doing more balancing across the board, that should be delayed until after at least Magic & Ranging both have been worked on.

#28 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2732 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:38 AM

This Poll is still open. Based on the Yes vs no votes, I'd prefer to so more total votes on the poll before trying to close it. Remember that more changes could still be made in the future for balancing, so you don't have to be stuck with this change forever.

#29 Ikaris

Ikaris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

Still voting NO.

No reason to change my vote ATM.

Lower the cost of a medium armour set by removing EFE from mix instead. See my previous post.

#30 Hades

Hades

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

#31 Ikaris

Ikaris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

Point is that this poll is intended to degrade the only easily affordable low/medium armour set; especially the pants which will drop by 25% of effectiveness. This is setting up the situation where Aug Leather pants become near useless without providing an affordable replacement. There is no medium armour for legs if this occurs. Steel chains are great for medium chest armour, so where are the Steel Chain leggings (or lederhosen if you prefer)? Leather boots to greaves is another enormous jump in cost. Where are the aug/plated leather boots anyway?

Iron Plate, once upon a time, was the uber armour of the other game, Numerous advanced sets were added to degrade it to near uselessness (other than quests of breaking stuff). Iron greaves and cuisses remained stupid pricy for their limited protection.

Eventually you will get your "Infection Armour of Ingrown Dragon toe-nail clippings" and your "Pikestaff of Pustulent Putrescence", but really the armour scaling needs to be looked at wholescale instead of half-hazardly sniping off 10-25% of the most commonly used armour in the game. Pull the EFE from cuisses and greaves if you must do something for the sake of "change".

#32 Hades

Hades

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

#33 Veenlijk

Veenlijk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostHades, on 11 April 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

i'd remove augs completely lmao, old EL didn't have them and it was fine
This, or increase breakrate by a lot. Say you'd increase breakrate by 10x, I think people would still use them. Now you can buy 100 aug pants, and they last like a real life year.

#34 Nightmare

Nightmare

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

I only vote for this when recipe for iron set is made much more cheap to avoid negative effect on PK.

#35 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2732 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

Actually, as part of the Magic rebalancing ... I'm considering letting the Iron set have some Magic Resistance added

#36 Nightmare

Nightmare

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

View PostLearner, on 12 April 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

Actually, as part of the Magic rebalancing ... I'm considering letting the Iron set have some Magic Resistance added

Best armor set should still have reasonable grind:pk time ratio.  Iron set don't atm.

#37 Swiss

Swiss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

Yes, but if and only if: armor and absorb are interchangable stats as you said earlier. Also, HitBlock is not a stat listed on #arm, unless you've got some crazy #arm that the rest of us don't get to see.

And just my 2 cents, when you get around to lowering it again: Augmented Leather Armor 1-5 (nerf of 3 armor under live, 2 armor under proposed changes), Iron chain 2-6 (slight buff of .5 armor), steel chain 3-8 (slight buff of .5 armor, equivelent of the current aug torso); Aug Leather pants 1-6, Iron Cuisses 3-8 (fairly large buff of 2 armor over their current armor value which makes aug legs look even more overpowered, but that's mostly because iron cuisses are extremely underpowered currently, 3-8 buff will bring them in line with the existing armor gaps).

~Swiss

#38 Paranoia

Paranoia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

Voted yes, it is a quite high reward armor for the low price. This tunedown isn't even very large.
Can be changed further upon full review of armor system anyway.

#39 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2732 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

Changes went live with the 4/26/2013 update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users