Mana Drain Change

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nightmare

Nightmare

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

I noticed a few days ago that mana drain spell were changed without me seeing anything about it, no discussion or poll. In other game, if you md'd for at least 1 mana from mob or player, u gained 1 mana and the spell cost were 0.  If you were full of mana and drain, so draining 0 mana from mob or opponent, the spell sent you -20 mana.  A change was made in OL.  Now, if u drain 1 mana from mob or player, you get -19 mana, because the spell all times cost you 20 mana whether you drain 0 or 100.  If you drain 21 mana, u get +1 net mana.

I ask Learner why this weren't announced, discussed, voted on, and he point me to this update "notification."  "Adjusted Mana Drain effect formula down" was the only reference made, and don't really describe what happened.

I think major changes like this should be discussed and voted on or at LEAST described in changes so that people understand what has happened.

I am asking how many people would support poll to return this to the way it was until we have a chance to discuss and reform magic as a whole, not piecemeal.

#2 St_ArcaNe

St_ArcaNe

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:01 AM

I have no problem with the change tbh, the mana drain effect was a little OP anyway, at least this way there will be some strategy to it instead of just mindlessly MD'ing when your opponent's MI is down.

I'd vote we don't waste time with another pointless poll to return it to normal, and actually try to move forward with something else, instead of catering to a few people's convenience, at the expense time/energy which could be better spent.

Good on you for starting to make minor calls without polls learner. OL might actually start getting somewhere this way.

#3 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:19 AM

in that way i wanna have sword immunity if fighters have magic immunity

#4 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2717 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:37 AM

Magic Immunity is already being addressed as part of the Magic Re-balancing.

#5 St_ArcaNe

St_ArcaNe

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

View PostFire, on 18 April 2013 - 06:19 AM, said:

in that way i wanna have sword immunity if fighters have magic immunity
they call it 'no-lifing', specifically defined 'defense' and 'evasion'

#6 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip