#1 iowa

iowa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

I feel I was tricked. The name of the poll was :

Poll: Should Hades get his Character back?  yes/no

True, Learner said in one of his post that he wanted a policy, but if that is what this poll was about, it should have been clear from the beginning.

The last post is from learner and he says:

Posted Today, 01:54 PM
A large enough majority has now voted with a significant ratio in favor of allowing deleted characters to be recovered. For now, I will limit recovery to those killed within 30 days, ....

So now it seems I voted yes to  every drama queen who has a sick canary and feels he/she therefore has the right  to vent in channel and ragequit and freely gets the character back.

#2 Hades

Hades

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

That poll was my phrasing. L gave me to liberty to phrase the question and answers myself. L also said that he limits recovery to 30 days, but for a $/plats fee, not free... Also I don't think theres any problem in using my situation as a precedent, 20 plats seems alright to me in order to recover your 'deleted' character.

#3 Tuffy

Tuffy

• PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

think your right tho about making a poll more clear, as for voting on that poll i didnt becus i dont know hades and what really happened so i kept my 2 cents out of it.

#4 scarr

scarr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

yeah but on the other hand if Hades is allowed to get his char restored, everyone should.

#5 Blackbeard

Blackbeard

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

what a con eh

#6 iowa

iowa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:45 PM

for crying out loud, the n a m e of the poll was:  should HADES get his character back. yes/no

Not; if you vote yes for hades, you  vote yes to a general policy.

I wonder for what else I voted .....

yes hades, there is a problem with your poll being used to make a general policy.
First the community had the chance to vote for your situation.
Then the community can vote for a policy in general using your poll as example/justification if they want.
2 Different polls.

#7 Fantastika

Fantastika

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationLietuva

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:49 AM

Agree with iowa.
I did voted for Hades yes since he rlly put much effort in this game...but same as iowa i don't think that everyone should get such opportunity.

#8 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

iowa has a point.

I could easily vote for hades to get his char back, but when the conclusion is to allow it to everyone within 30 days etc... I don't think that's a fair poll, wasn't the original aim of the poll from my PoV.

#9 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:20 AM

Yup, I also agree with Iowa

I voted yes for Hades because I felt he was a special case. However, i'd still have voted yes even if he'd asked to have come back after 30 days. Same for any other player who's been a big part of the community.

However, this is the second time now that we've had to deal with  issues where players make a big display of leaving the game only to regret it shortly afterwards. Do we really need to allow players to delete their chars in the first place, as it really does seem a gift to sick canary syndrome, and it's hardly as if it fulfills any practical requirement.

#10 St_ArcaNe

St_ArcaNe

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:34 AM

remove the #kill_me command and problem solved... if people want to leave they can just leave, no need to delete your char for that, and it will stop all the drama llama's and bi-polarbears from doing something they regret later.

#11 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2647 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:23 AM

There are valid reasons for leaving #kill_me including:
  • newly created chars needing to change their looks
  • getting rid of your dumb alts you created as a joke
  • deciding playing an Alt is too much of a temptation to illegal multi

#12 Elf

Elf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationRussia, Saint-Petersburg

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

See no problem with the paid char returning. Just 1 plat coin per day after it had been deleted. B) If you don't want allow it for all, that means you don't like somebody ;) (who is still playing)... Sorry, but this thought shouldn't affect on the rules, no ? Now we have the precedent: no problem, just a diplomacy.

#13 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

I like that: I am a navigator, not a leader. I can teach you the way, but I cannot show you how to get there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users