Jump to content

  •  

Shop Items - Initial 09/01/2012


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 2868 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

Since things will be getting going and there is nothing in game, what will be available initially until the community decides more:


    [*]P2P characters the same as EL initially
    P2P LengthOL Character Name
    Posted Image

    [*]Donations are accepted, button with various amounts & a field for name is on the forums Index
    [*]NO other shop items or services, not even name changes!
    [/list]

#2 mufossa

mufossa

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

it would be cool to see thermal serps in all their glory, in El today they are useless in pk, as opposed to back in the day, you saw someone with a pink sowrd u near shit ureself

#3 professor

professor

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

View Postmufossa, on 02 September 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

it would be cool to see thermal serps in all their glory, in El today they are useless in pk, as opposed to back in the day, you saw someone with a pink sowrd u near shit ureself
I could not agree more, Mufo :)

#4 Wizzy

Wizzy

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

Lets not forget all the other glowing swords.......

I think they are as just as important with their specific attributes and their stats altered to bring balance.

i.e. Serp of magic is good against this armor or agaist Mob X
Fire is better agiast this armor or against Mob Y
Ice is you get the point.....

I would bet the serious player would want to own them all...... priced reasonably in the shop? or make some shop only, and others rare rare rare monster drops....

the key is balance the stats of the weapons to the armor.

#5 Hades

Hades

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

I'm not too thrilled about adding shop items that give an unfair advantage to rich players. Given the fact that Eternal Lands has a vast majority of underaged players, who do no have access to a credit card/paypal etc., they would be clearly disadvantaged (and i'm not talking just about PK here). The thing is, if a player has $ to spend, he will spend them, thus increasing inflation and unbalancing  the economy. I am ok with cosmetics, maybe even stuff that gives you small experience bonus, like +3% or +5% exp for an hour/day/etc.
Perhaps make these 'glowing swords' drop from monsters, as a very rare drop, but balancing their stats, as well as the armor stats, is vital in creating a well balanced game :)

-just my 2cents

#6 scarr

scarr

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

View PostSoD, on 16 September 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:

I'm not too thrilled about adding shop items that give an unfair advantage to rich players. Given the fact that Eternal Lands has a vast majority of underaged players, who do no have access to a credit card/paypal etc., they would be clearly disadvantaged (and i'm not talking just about PK here). The thing is, if a player has $ to spend, he will spend them, thus increasing inflation and unbalancing  the economy. I am ok with cosmetics, maybe even stuff that gives you small experience bonus, like +3% or +5% exp for an hour/day/etc.
Perhaps make these 'glowing swords' drop from monsters, as a very rare drop, but balancing their stats, as well as the armor stats, is vital in creating a well balanced game :)

-just my 2cents

agree with this, but learner does need to make $, so we have to think about different stuff he could sell

#7 Wizzy

Wizzy

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:40 AM

View PostSoD, on 16 September 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:

I'm not too thrilled about adding shop items that give an unfair advantage to rich players. Given the fact that Eternal Lands has a vast majority of underaged players, who do no have access to a credit card/paypal etc., they would be clearly disadvantaged (and i'm not talking just about PK here). The thing is, if a player has $ to spend, he will spend them, thus increasing inflation and unbalancing  the economy. I am ok with cosmetics, maybe even stuff that gives you small experience bonus, like +3% or +5% exp for an hour/day/etc.
Perhaps make these 'glowing swords' drop from monsters, as a very rare drop, but balancing their stats, as well as the armor stats, is vital in creating a well balanced game :)

-just my 2cents

The way I see it the game will need to earn some income, and I do not think people are going to fund it buying cosmetic items. And as long as gc's are not allowed to be sold, then as shop items enter game by people spending $ then prices of these items will follow normal supply and demand rules.

#8 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

    Official Troll

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

A good way to make some income might be charge for setting up and maintaining guilds (in the same way as bots). It doesn't unbalance the economy or gameplay. Charging for additional guild features might also be attractive for the same reason, ie :

Places where guilds could rent advertising space in-game.
Additional guild stats available via #commands ie league tables
Ability to have a guild gc account and periodic member levies.
Rent in-game house as guild-houses.

#9 Tyrannis

Tyrannis

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

View Postthemuntdregger, on 16 September 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

A good way to make some income might be charge for setting up and maintaining guilds (in the same way as bots). It doesn't unbalance the economy or gameplay. Charging for additional guild features might also be attractive for the same reason, ie :

Places where guilds could rent advertising space in-game.
Additional guild stats available via #commands ie league tables
Ability to have a guild gc account and periodic member levies.
Rent in-game house as guild-houses.


Also selling pets ($5) and/or mounts ($10) that can stay with you and not just one time use. Even sell level 12 mules($25),

#10 Aislinn

Aislinn

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

Learner needs to make money yes, these servers cost money.

However, I would much prefer to see non-game altering items sold, such as houses to buy or rent, horses that don't vanish, stables to house them in, pets, clothing with no stats (but non-breakable), maybe day stones, stuff like this.  I don't care for the rosto and armor/weapon sales and that sort of thing that gives a $$$ advantage to some.  It should be a level playing field, in my opinion.

#11 Korrode

Korrode

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationMelburn, Strayamate.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

I see people got in here and pointed out the issue with Mufo's proposal before I had to, good job people.

As has already been said in this thread, as I've already touched on in the Unofficial EL forums which I know Learner has read - Items only available for big RL$ that give significant strength advantages should be completely ruled out as a possibility, imo.

#12 Koss

Koss

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

Also against the fact that having a fat wallet equates to having the best weapon/armor and being nearly unbeatable in PK.

Things that could still be bought from shop to help pay for server costs that have little to no effect on game-play:
  • Exclusive clothing (no stats/non breakable) that can't be made with Tailoring and can't be traded.
  • Different mounts (but PLEASE make them more than one use) ...
  • P2P races
  • Guild maps
  • Name changes
  • Color changes
  • Size changes(?)


#13 Hades

Hades

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:40 AM

How about adding Day Stones in shop? The community could chip in for those and buy them for real life cash, cause after all, they do affect the whole community.
Also, I have no problem with small exp boosters(+10% exp for 3 hours).

#14 groomsh

groomsh

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:32 AM

I'd say #day stones should be disabled and leave special days to be special ...

#15 Wizzy

Wizzy

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:29 AM

View Postgroomsh, on 17 September 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

I'd say #day stones should be disabled and leave special days to be special ...

Absoluelty  If there is a special day every 12 hours, then they are not very special anymore

#16 Dilly

Dilly

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

one suggestion that came up today was a 'soft reset voucher', which allows you to reset and redistribute your attributes. This doesn't have to be supercheap, but it's a good way to rebuild without losing your OA level. Could also consider different sizes:

I'm basing the following on my experience in other games with what are apparently considered 'reasonable' prices:

16 attribute reset note for 3 USD each
32 attribute reset note for 5 USD each
64 attribute reset note for 7,5 USD each
reset all attribute note for 10 USD each

Just an idea though

#17 Wizzy

Wizzy

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

View PostDilly, on 17 September 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

one suggestion that came up today was a 'soft reset voucher', which allows you to reset and redistribute your attributes. This doesn't have to be supercheap, but it's a good way to rebuild without losing your OA level. Could also consider different sizes:

I'm basing the following on my experience in other games with what are apparently considered 'reasonable' prices:

16 attribute reset note for 3 USD each
32 attribute reset note for 5 USD each
64 attribute reset note for 7,5 USD each
reset all attribute note for 10 USD each

Just an idea though

+1

#18 Kidberg

Kidberg

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

Reset voucher is great idea imo

#19 Korrode

Korrode

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationMelburn, Strayamate.

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

I'd only offer one type of voucher, a full soft reset, and i'd charge more for it. ($20-25 perhaps)
Have a NPC selling attribute removal stones for gc as a great gc sink in game, that'd be how people do minor adjustments.

#20 Kidberg

Kidberg

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:58 PM

+1 to Korrode




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users