•  

New Invasion Master

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
115 replies to this topic

Poll: What about Invasion Masters? (38 member(s) have cast votes)

How many Invasion Masters should we have?

1. 0 - Only Learner! (3 votes [7.89%])

Percentage of vote: 7.89%

2. 1 - Too many cooks spoils the broth (4 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

3. 2 - Need coverage for emergences (20 votes [52.63%])

Percentage of vote: 52.63%

4. More - the merrier (11 votes [28.95%])

Percentage of vote: 28.95%

Do you think Butler can be trusted to do the job well?

1. Yes (22 votes [57.89%])

Percentage of vote: 57.89%

2. No (16 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

Do you think Hades can be trusted to do the job well?

1. Yes (21 votes [55.26%])

Percentage of vote: 55.26%

2. No (17 votes [44.74%])

Percentage of vote: 44.74%

Do you think Rabbitman/Achilles can be trusted to do the job well?

1. Yes (31 votes [81.58%])

Percentage of vote: 81.58%

2. No (7 votes [18.42%])

Percentage of vote: 18.42%

Do you think Rat can be trusted to do the job well?

1. Yes (15 votes [39.47%])

Percentage of vote: 39.47%

2. No (23 votes [60.53%])

Percentage of vote: 60.53%

Vote

#1 Nightmare

Nightmare

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

Can we elect new invasion master?  Or maybe someone can volunteer.  We wait all week for weekend invasions, and when L is busy, it's big disappointment and lot of people miss something to break up boring routine of previous week.

#2 RAT

RAT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

i'll volunteer myself , i am good for it

#3 Nightmare

Nightmare

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

Rat is fine for me if can be here consistent

#4 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1167 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

Consistancy is the key and good quality.
IF..and thats a big IF, rat can do it then I'll go all out yes

#5 scarr

scarr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:30 AM

RATS, RATS EVERYWHERE!

#6 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2646 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:46 AM

Anyone applying for an IM position will have to learn about how the Invasions are built, since IM's build them as well as run them. But, an Invasion Builder doesn't have to be an IM, just the IM should have detailed knowledge of how the invasions work to better the results.

#7 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

Haha, here comes the shit-storm!

Well, when I'm on, whoever wants a few pointers just pm me and I can give you a quick run through of some Invasion Building/Invasion Master stuff. Some tips n all that stuff.

#8 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:08 AM

My 5 cents.As I see the main problem is L does not have enough time to run invasions,I just want to say I have so much time especially at weekends.So If L allows me,and people say yes,there is no problem
At least if they all let me try..

Fire

#9 Nova

Nova

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

i'm going to go ahead and say let's not let some vengeful little (seemingly) 12 year old have any game power.  feel free to ignore me tho, I'm not playing at all anymore now that the weather is nice in my part of the world.  but seriously, fire's ideas and attitude have never impressed me.

#10 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

View PostNova, on 08 June 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

i'm going to go ahead and say let's not let some vengeful little (seemingly) 12 year old have any game power.  
+1

#11 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:55 AM

Iowa are you retarded?If you thinks i am 12 u are just stupid :)
I think i can be IM to help game have better invasions.

MY attitude doesnt mean anything
do not judge a book by his cover

#12 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:06 AM

View PostFire, on 09 June 2013 - 01:55 AM, said:

Iowa are you retarded?If you thinks i am 12 u are just stupid :)
I think i can be MI to help game have better invasions.

MY attitute doesnt mean anything
do not judge a book by his cover
I'm pretty sure that Iowa is NOT Nova

#13 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

Yours decission

#14 Nova

Nova

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:33 AM

hahaha way to prove my point there fire.  i'm not judging by covers, i'm judging by the content all over this forum.  and notice the -seemingly- in parentheses before the 12 year old.  if you aren't actually 12, well that's even worse than if you were.  attitude and how you react to comments like that is pretty much everything if you are asking to be made 'someone' in the game.  

pass, total pass on this joker.

#15 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

i dont even want to read what u wrote homie

Everything what i did ,doesnt mean i cant help game to have better invasions
thanks

#16 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:32 AM

Just curious, what happened to the idea of getting a new IM?
  • would allow smaller, localised invasions (not the widespread combat that L provides us for fun on the weekends, but one map waves)
  • would allow small events, such as something i like from EL where they spawned mobs in waves in TD summon arena to be defeated in last man standing. Opens up diversity if we had another guy with the privelleges and right to moderate contests from pk to invasion challenges.
  • different time zones possibly (eu/us/au)
  • different style of invasions. again diversity.
  • Quicker Reaction (possibly, only if community wanted) against rule breakages and reported people.
If L allows it, and if a few wanted it, id make the poll, as i really think it would be good to put less stress on Learner for moderating and invasions if he had a helper, and could open up a bit more time for his coding. If we did a poll with people who wanted/wouldnt mind being IMs, and add options to what power they could have (chosen from levels that L has already got) we should work fine. and if it worked well, have a feedback thread for each IM, so people can tell them what they don't or do like about how they are running things.

#17 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

Was wondering if its possible to code that inva starts automatically and mobs are keeping spawning during like hour (if an #il go under defined amount) would love such thing

#18 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

But endlessly isnt optimum, you cant specifically choose a system of spawning, and doesnt leave people who are killing the final few in a position of utter death. I dont like the idea of fighting Cyce/Udar/Giganta and suddenly many new cyclops land on my face.

#19 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:48 AM

Anyway..with current stuff that #il contains like hawks/bears/spiders.. and very strong mobs between lowers,it kills a chance to get ganged and its most funny and nice thing we can have during inva.
I would propose some changes just gtfo with spawning shit like above,spawn us 1k male goblins/trolls/ogres/cycs and will be super fking funny ... woah
but seems so hard to do..
Recently was nice invasion in naralik.Me and Rat cleaned it nicely ,something like oldschool invasion

EL has some great idea what is named invance..but they did shit rly,it can look better after following changes:

-Increase amount of gates will make it more interesting,harder and allow ppl to intensive thinking about tactics (like hey wait ,we can have only 3 ppl on this gate,stay here)

-Make some gates bigger (3 tiles max I would say) with a area that is made by space between inner and outer wall ,to give us time (tighten space that will thicken all mobs and allow us kill them without huge risk they will exceed a line and make us fail,risk that came with widening a gate..) thick walls.

-no cooldown on diss ring during invance ( to make us able to catch mobs that going close to the boundary line)

-dont spawn mobs on whole map range (why ? But generally why they do it.Spawn mobs around that place we protect and code that they have defined destination for example out fort.They move some tiles closer every each second (or few seconds) It will make stable and steady fight around gates enter,all the time.

-put the strongest ones at the end of mobs horde,also code that there is no chance the stronger mob will appear before any lower.

-define an exp bonus amount about an exp we get during the invance.So there is no chance that someone who killed 2 mobs will get same bonus as player who killed 150.Dont increase exp that we get during inva,bonus has to come on the end,otherwise someone will train during invance.

-add various bonuses that will secude ppl to kill faster and more mobs.Something like an attainments for example : Kill 10 invaders in 1min ..Harm 10 opponents ..Do 1k damages in total.. also add a prizes for unlocking such things like 1 achievement =50k exp more on the end.

-Put a defended fort/castle etc. in central map range instead of on the edge (getting attacked from several directions) N S E W ..

No more ideas atm.Obviously we can dream about tons of stuff..but its possible to code rly...

#20 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

Fire, I actually prefer Ls theory and plan for invance (which is going off topic but i will humour you). Where he has logic dictating where mobs go, where they retreat to, and making the bosses and their hordes attacking in waves at the gate.
I also disagree with more gates. Nobody ever really wants to be the gate tbh. Your achievements within the invasions are beyond easy to achieve ( I killed the majority of bosses in the too lowest ranges and that + the hundreds of other i kill give me both of those a/d achievements very quickly, so i imagine higher caps it would be even easier.)
Maybe make invance thread for this Fire? And L can possibly explain what his proposed system is after the magic update and mob update, etc.

Back to whether we want an IM? hmmmm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users