•  

New Invasion Master

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
115 replies to this topic

Poll: What about Invasion Masters? (38 member(s) have cast votes)

How many Invasion Masters should we have?

1. 0 - Only Learner! (3 votes [7.89%])

Percentage of vote: 7.89%

2. 1 - Too many cooks spoils the broth (4 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

3. 2 - Need coverage for emergences (20 votes [52.63%])

Percentage of vote: 52.63%

4. More - the merrier (11 votes [28.95%])

Percentage of vote: 28.95%

Do you think Butler can be trusted to do the job well?

1. Yes (22 votes [57.89%])

Percentage of vote: 57.89%

2. No (16 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

Do you think Hades can be trusted to do the job well?

1. Yes (21 votes [55.26%])

Percentage of vote: 55.26%

2. No (17 votes [44.74%])

Percentage of vote: 44.74%

Do you think Rabbitman/Achilles can be trusted to do the job well?

1. Yes (31 votes [81.58%])

Percentage of vote: 81.58%

2. No (7 votes [18.42%])

Percentage of vote: 18.42%

Do you think Rat can be trusted to do the job well?

1. Yes (15 votes [39.47%])

Percentage of vote: 39.47%

2. No (23 votes [60.53%])

Percentage of vote: 60.53%

Vote

#41 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2647 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:39 AM

Posted Image

#42 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:55 AM

aww, cute. +1

Poll though (after people confirm, etc.)
Do You Want A New IM?
[  ] Yes
[  ] No
[  ] Don't Know

How Many IM's Maximum Do You Think We Should Have?
[  ] Just Learner
[  ] Just The One Additional
[  ] 2
[  ] More (Post Below)

How Far Can They Spawn Invasions? And Other Abilites.
[  ] Just Weekends, Helping L
[  ] During The Week
[  ] In Limited Maps
[  ] During/For Contests
[  ] Mute People Char Spamming In Extreme Cases With Community Approval
[  ] Help Run PK Contests In Demigod

If So, Do You Trust Rabbitman (Achilles Ingame) As An IM? (Please Answer This Incase Of An Overall Yes, Even If You Voted No On The First Option)
[  ] Yes, I Trust Him
[  ] Yes, But For Another Reason (Post Below)
[  ] No, I Don't Trust Him
[  ] No, For Another Reason (Post Below)

If So, Do You Trust butler As An IM? (Please Answer This Incase Of An Overall Yes, Even If You Voted No On The First Option)
[  ] Yes, I Trust Him

If So, Do You Trust RAT As An IM? (Please Answer This Incase Of An Overall Yes, Even If You Voted No On The First Option)
[  ] Yes, I Trust Him

If So, Do You Trust HadeS As An IM? (Please Answer This Incase Of An Overall Yes, Even If You Voted No On The First Option)
[  ] Yes, I Trust Him

As L said, all applicants must accept his list of requirements. That means being approved by him as trustworthy and unlikely to go all vengeful.

#43 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2647 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:12 AM

I recommend removing the "How Far question" since that won't be as clear cut a decision and I won't allow during the week invasions at this time, etc. The first two really as the same thing? I also think for each person, it should be only a Yes/No vote to make the results more definitive.

#44 Rabbitman

Rabbitman

That Mod Guy

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:15 AM

For poll option I think it would work better as:

1. Do we want more IMs? Y/n
2. If yes, how many? 1/2+/leave up to learner's judgement.
3. Do you think Rabbitman/Achilles will do the job well? Y/n
4. Repeat for other potentials.

If we want to talk about IM duties/midweek invasions and such, I think that belongs in a different poll.

Achilles

#45 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:52 AM

Was thinking the yes no (but yeah i go into too many options. habit)
Do We Want More IMs?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
If So, How Many?
[ ] 1
[ ] 2
[ ] More
[ ] Leave To L's Judgement
Do You Think butler Will Do The Job Well?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
Do You Think Rabbitman(Achilles) Will Do The Job Well?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
Do You Think HadeS Will Do The Job Well?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
Do You Think RAT Will Do The Job Well?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No

Maybe have a minimum number of yes-es even if they are the majority over no's and run it for a month or so.
Also L, i think if i pay you can prune (if any) people off the list who you dont trust :P
Also i suppourt the idea of nominees not voting :P
I think maybe leave L to telling us duties/what they could do. Was just curious tbh on that aspect.

Edited by butler, 01 March 2014 - 10:33 AM.

#46 Hades

Hades

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:05 PM

Yo so like, I already know all IM commands cause L taught me good, and I also made the skf invasion. One advantage that i'd possess is that I could get right to it without any prior learning. Not saying you guys can't learn too, but I'd gladly be an IM for this game - although I do prefer that we have 2 active IMs, not just one. That way, if one has RL stuff going on, the other can cover for him; and if the situation should exist that both are unavailable, there's always Learner.

Also, as a Fighter I know what people want. - Rat and Achilles also possess these qualities though. Butler is just eager and enthusiastic, which ain't a bad quality either.

#47 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:26 PM

I like the idea of two IMs too. I also think even if they are both on, you have the advantage that one can concentrate on lower-medium invasion running and other on medium-high.

View PostHades, on 26 February 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

Also, as a Fighter I know what people want. - Rat and Achilles also possess these qualities though. Butler is just eager and enthusiastic, which ain't a bad quality either.
I'd like to correct that i am a tanky mixer, so not full mixer and done enough fighting on main and test to know whats possible. :P but yeah i have less experience in fighting than the other two (and i suspect) ill probably lose out to you two. But i'll still stump the poll cost, (trying to get some ingame, failing that ill buy some with ££). I think basically my main advantage experience wise is just whats possible for mixers/low-medium levels.

When i pay L, can you do the above voting options and I'll just quote across all the bits we posted about reasoning etc,

#48 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2647 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

There are advantages to only one IM active at a time, such as that gives other IM's a chance to enjoy invasions as well. Once an IM activates being an IM to do and invasion, they will end up seeing invasions started by the other IM, which would disqualify them from being able to participate It's a feature done on purpose that IM's can see each others invasions to make it easier to coordinate or take over as needed.

#49 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:41 PM

aaaah
hmm so they need to be willing not to partake in the invasions?
or can this be circumvented by logging off and on (warning each other) so they avoid messages, or do the update from server on the matters continue automatically to them at start of logging in? Im asking more for others since i dont mind not taking part in invasions for a while. Id like to get my char a bit more competent and higher.

#50 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2647 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:32 PM

View Postbutler, on 26 February 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

aaaah
hmm so they need to be willing not to partake in the invasions?
or can this be circumvented by logging off and on (warning each other) so they avoid messages, or do the update from server on the matters continue automatically to them at start of logging in? Im asking more for others since i dont mind not taking part in invasions for a while. Id like to get my char a bit more competent and higher.
They have to avoid participating in their own invasions or any that they see the confidential info on. By default they will NOT see that information, so they can participate in invasions, In my opinion, the moment they activate the extended information or see it, then they should no longer participate. That's part of the reason I try to avoid active participation in invasions (I have gotten involved in some rare instances, but only in cases where knowing what was going on couldn't affect anything, or just dumb luck that an invasion mob found me in WS). As admin I ALWAYS see that special invasion information, IM's don't see it unless they activate it, and by default it's off when they login.

#51 Nightmare

Nightmare

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:30 PM

I can vote yes for all candidates:  Achilles, Hades, Rat, Butler

#52 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:55 AM

Personally ,I think having any IM will be cool.L will save more time ofc

#53 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:21 AM

Anybody able to contact RAT, just to confirm he still wants to before i pay for the poll.
Also consider the time zones we are in. You'd have me & Hades in euro time zones, RAT & rabbit US. More optional time coverage.

Also i notice that paying for electing yourself is odd, but im giving you  the oppurtunity of 3-4 IMs to choose from all with benifits/disadvantages. IMs have the advantages of relieving L of some time during the weekends to do some more programming, meaning we can move solidly on from where programming was put on halt.

I'll continue trying to buy plats in game till monday, failing that ill get my wallet out.

PS Rabbitman: Yay, Avatar. All hail teh white rabbit.

#54 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:28 AM

Sure will contact him

#55 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:31 AM

View PostFire, on 27 February 2014 - 03:28 AM, said:

Sure will contact him as fast as possible
ty. Soon as i got word ill make poll.
L, if i made poll, would i just pay, and make first post on another forum to be moved to membership polls, or do you think this would best be your first posting?

#56 kav

kav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:13 AM

wtb RM IM. ty

#57 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

I have to say that there's some excellent ppl applying to be IM. All seem to have excellent knowledge and good instinct for what the rest of us like and expect and, I very much get the impression that this will be a big boost for the game as a whole.

Having a number of individuals who can take of the role is an advantage in terms of reliability but, also provides the additional fun/challenge of different styles and approaches. Whilst being an IM is really not for me personally lmao, it's great to see peeps excited by the opportunity and wanting to have a go.  Any/all of you are (imho) huge players and shit loads of fun in-game so, I am expecting something pretty exciting.

Edit: Am hoping that peeps won't forget to make a bunny/rat style invasion in IP :)

#58 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:30 PM

View Postthemuntdregger, on 27 February 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

I have to say that there's some excellent ppl applying to be IM. All seem to have excellent knowledge and good instinct for what the rest of us like and expect and, I very much get the impression that this will be a big boost for the game as a whole.

Having a number of individuals who can take of the role is an advantage in terms of reliability but, also provides the additional fun/challenge of different styles and approaches. Whilst being an IM is really not for me personally lmao, it's great to see peeps excited by the opportunity and wanting to have a go.  Any/all of you are (imho) huge players and shit loads of fun in-game so, I am expecting something pretty exciting.

Edit: Am hoping that peeps won't forget to make a bunny/rat style invasion in IP :)

Also when i pay for poll, want this in first post for reasons for having IMs :P
ofc i wouldnt forget newbs on IP with rabbits/rats :P
And for the slightly more progressed newbies, teh imo leps/imps should be used far more :P

EDIT: I use " :P" far too goddamn much

EDIT 2: Paid For
EDIT 3: Sorry For The Time Taken For The Poll To Go Live. Since It's And Important Poll, Concerning Giving Powers To One Or More Individual, We Want The Poll To Be Well Worded To Avoid Any Misconceptions And To Clarify What & What Cannot Be Done By Them, Etc. Etc.

Edited by butler, 03 March 2014 - 03:38 PM.

#59 Hades

Hades

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:27 AM

poll up o/

#60 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe