• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 scarr

scarr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

What would be cool is when a player dies that instead of him disappearing in thin air, we get to see a tombstone or some bones/remains on his location

for the player that died, his screen would turn grayscale and he would be able to spectate what is going around him until his respawn timer hits 0 or hits the Respawn button.

#2 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

I totally 100% positively agree

#3 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

And yes, so u can still watch whatever fights are going on around you

#4 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

maybe turn on that walking to hell exit is automatically doing and while it u can watch place of death

#5 scarr

scarr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostFire, on 10 June 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

maybe turn on that walking to hell exit is automatically doing and while it u can watch place of death

automatically? might as well remove UW if you want it that way lol

but we could think of a different concept of UW, something else

#6 St_ArcaNe

St_ArcaNe

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

I was thinking last night, or the one before I can't recall, how hard it sometimes is to retrieve your db if you weren't concentrating where you died especially if you are new and don't know the maps so well. This would certainly help with that problem and I suppose it'd be cool to spectate how a fight turns out after you die too.

+1 from me

#7 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

This is an awesome idea. Be so cool but sorta reminds me of a mixture between Runescape and WoW xD

+1

#8 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

Nice idea. Especially for the reasons pointed out by StArc.

#9 Tuffy

Tuffy

• PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

like it but give a 5 min respawn timer that ya can hit to just go on to under world. +1

#10 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1435 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:42 AM

+1

maybe add one of those objective windows after a newbie dies for the first time to inform them on how to respawn quicker and the details of death? Just so it doesnt take them from suprise, because i imagine this would confuse a few newbies, but be cool once they understand it.

#11 scarr

scarr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:49 AM

View Postbutler, on 11 June 2013 - 02:42 AM, said:

+1

maybe add one of those objective windows after a newbie dies for the first time to inform them on how to respawn quicker and the details of death? Just so it doesnt take them from suprise, because i imagine this would confuse a few newbies, but be cool once they understand it.

yes nice one, a Hint dialogue could pop up
could explain newbs they wont lose items before xx lvl and other helpfull tips about not dying

also an option to disable future hints

#12 St_ArcaNe

St_ArcaNe

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

Since we thinking in this line already, this would also be an opening to implement a resurrection spell. Something like lvl 80 mag, 10 spirit/20 life/10 death ess, and 80 mana, and then you resurrect someone on the spot with 5 health and no mana.

The low health would make that it can't be abused in pk (if you res with 5 health someone can just 1 shot you, or even kill you with a poison/life drain), although the other player should have a choice to res or not, otherwise you could res an enemy and kill him over and over till he drops everything in inventory lol :D

would be a nice touch IMO

#13 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostSt_ArcaNe, on 11 June 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

Since we thinking in this line already, this would also be an opening to implement a resurrection spell. Something like lvl 80 mag, 10 spirit/20 life/10 death ess, and 80 mana, and then you resurrect someone on the spot with 5 health and no mana.

The low health would make that it can't be abused in pk (if you res with 5 health someone can just 1 shot you, or even kill you with a poison/life drain), although the other player should have a choice to res or not, otherwise you could res an enemy and kill him over and over till he drops everything in inventory lol :D

would be a nice touch IMO

Damn cool idea imho :)

#14 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1435 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

If reseruction was implemented, it'd be nice for a remote version, to encourage teamwork. The major fault of this, as St pointed out, would be someone using it to farm your inv. So maybe if it was made multiplayer, you could have it happen like someone applying for a buddy, sends a message and you both must agree for it to occur. Obviously, a bit of a drawback in swarmed areas but it would give healers a wider, more interesting toolset.

For example:
  • Casting spell (can't really do a remote player you can't see using the spell bar, so maybe hitting that makes a short key for #rise(?), #rise by itself could also just reseruct yourself, name afterwards a companion) From the view of the caster
#rise butler
You have successful opened a portal for butler. Now just wait and hope his tortured soul may return.
  • Casting the spell from the view of the deceased #ghost could just be used to refuse rising)
yaddayadda has opened a portal to the living world. Will you follow the light and return to the surface, and #rise or will you remain a #ghost
  • If you #rise to the occasion
You reach your hand out to touch the portal, the tingling feeling running through your cold veins. Your immersed in beautiful white light, feeling life returning to you tortured corpse. You have been reseructed!
(*)butler was reseructed by yaddayadda
  • If you remain a #ghost (rom your view)
You shy away from the portal, the ghastly white light burning your cold, dead eyes. You drift onwards, through damnation towards the surface, to where it all began, long ago...
  • IF you remain a #ghost (from their view)
The spirit of butler drifts onwards, alone, ignoring the calls of the living world. His spirit does not accept your divine invitation.

Anyway, thats just an idea. And its probably a bit overcomplicated, but I like the idea of encouraging people to work in a team, and allowing some RP oppurtunities, for who ever it may interest.

#15 Tycine

Tycine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationPanama

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:25 PM

Sounds cool Butler, for a field rez...

What if it's too dangerous, during an invasion perhaps... What if the corpse of the fallen were carried into town or some other safe location with the consent of the decedent and raised from the dead there?

GoodSamaritan tries to lift the body of DeadPerson.  If GoodSamaritan has available emu for the weight of DeadPerson, then a permission screen is offered to DeadPerson, 'GoodSamaritan is offering to carry your body, do you wish to allow this?'

Should GoodSamaritan turn out to be a WOLF, DeadPerson would need the ability to revoke permission.

#16 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 05 November 2015 - 11:52 PM

+1 for necro

#17 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:47 PM

I liked the original idea (and the necro). Learner better be keeping a list otherwise i'll be haunting him regularly on this.

Yup, tombstones are awesome cool, but i'd go further........ oh yes B)

#18 Nightmare

Nightmare

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:08 PM

Fun idea.  Another, maybe interim, is when u die u get a private msg of death coords.

#19 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:57 PM

I already coded that into an extended OL client that I wrote several years back, along with a lot of other stuff. However, Learner indicated that he didn't approve of the feature, hence, I never pushed any of the code to the OL GIT.

#20 Wizzy

Wizzy

• PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 09:07 PM

View Postthemuntdregger, on 22 November 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

I already coded that into an extended OL client that I wrote several years back, along with a lot of other stuff. However, Learner indicated that he didn't approve of the feature, hence, I never pushed any of the code to the OL GIT.

I always find it interesting when someone that doesnt approve a feature, has little to no gameplay experience. It is kinda like trust fund baby Karl Marx declaring profit is ebul and  the means of production should be owned by the altrusitic committee of virtue, yet has never had to work a real job and provide for thier own livelyhood.  Example, trade bots suck, so everyone should suffer from the inability to trade offline, because, trade bots suck and looking at purple names suck. Yet, there is no incentive to provide an alternative, no solution provided, so fuck the players, because they can always just harvest fruit for gc. Whinging jerks.  Sorry if I sound harsh, but there is a unique oppourtuntity to develop a amazing game here. A virtual world that could bind people, and ex elanders, and new comers. When innovations are sqashed by ideology that ideology should at least be backed with a solution and timeline to the player base. That is not to say every idea is a winner, or needs to be implemented. But there is a clear lack of vision here. Do remember, every innovation can be renegged if deemed needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users