•  

Remove Donvillek (old Fire) from OL

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Donvillek/Fire be banned from OL? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Donvillek be banned from OL?

1. Yes, ban Donnvillek from OL! (27 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

2. No, don't do anything (22 votes [43.14%])

Percentage of vote: 43.14%

3. Ban Ena instead! (2 votes [3.92%])

Percentage of vote: 3.92%

Vote

#21 Nightmare

Nightmare

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

View Postkav, on 23 December 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

I voted no. Good or Bad I think the game would get dull without players like him.

View PostFantastika, on 23 December 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

Well...here goes my opinion about this...I don't justify fire for his actions and such ( don't know the real story of all that), but don't see that this poll is fair too. That might become popularity show with such low player base.
What if one day any1 of you all will have issues with other person who has more "friends" in game than you do...

I would say if person rlly did bad stuff, smth against rules, then ban...but poll....i don't like that.

Agree with the above and don't like a popularity contest for ban in general.  Must result from rule violation imo.  Fire with all names annoy the hell out of me, but it not reason for ban.  We got #ignore command, use it or u got no cause to complain.  BJ is not illegal.  I know he bj me at least once, but this is part of game.  I don't like it but it not a ban action.  We got to have people we don't like to pk, make it more fun this way than to pk people u like for me.  we already got too little pk target, don't make it smaller and for someone we can take great pleasure to pk.

Vote=No

#22 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1435 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:34 PM

Actually, tbh ive been get angry with Fire recently, so i been quite bad tempered so far, so i would actually like to apologise for it all.

Fire, I basically want you to now just see this thread as hopefully a way of adjusting your behaviour to treating us better. Also about being a hard age, im 16, and i wasnt so aggressive as you. I am on the defensive recently in OL because seemingly ive become an object of annoyance to Fire and yourself, GypsyNomad, and i get rather nervous and defensive, rather than aggresive. Look at my name, a butler, someone passive and submissive.

Basically, I am apoligising, and trying to make amends, readjusting myself to be better atm, and i REALLY hope you will do so as well. So please take this as my actuall opinion on this matter rather than the previous posts, which basically outline my anger to him. I also want to say ty to those who reminded me how daft i was being.

Also nice sig NM

#23 GypsyNomad

GypsyNomad

• PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

View PostLearner, on 23 December 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

Ena paid for the poll and put herself at risk of community backlash.
So shouldn't  "he" be answering the post when he gets off work?

View PostNightmare, on 23 December 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

View Postkav, on 23 December 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

I voted no. Good or Bad I think the game would get dull without players like him.

View PostFantastika, on 23 December 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

Well...here goes my opinion about this...I don't justify fire for his actions and such ( don't know the real story of all that), but don't see that this poll is fair too. That might become popularity show with such low player base.
What if one day any1 of you all will have issues with other person who has more "friends" in game than you do...

I would say if person rlly did bad stuff, smth against rules, then ban...but poll....i don't like that.

Agree with the above and don't like a popularity contest for ban in general.  Must result from rule violation imo.  Fire with all names annoy the hell out of me, but it not reason for ban.  We got #ignore command, use it or u got no cause to complain.  BJ is not illegal.  I know he bj me at least once, but this is part of game.  I don't like it but it not a ban action.  We got to have people we don't like to pk, make it more fun this way than to pk people u like for me.  we already got too little pk target, don't make it smaller and for someone we can take great pleasure to pk.

Vote=No
Thank You NM exactly what I was thinking and #ignore works really well. Of course if the person you are ignoring is always commenting in channel 1 you tend to get only 50% of conversation but thats ok if you like to keep your "Peace of mind" :)

#24 St_ArcaNe

St_ArcaNe

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

Who is this 'Donnvillek'? I say we ban the bastard for impersonating Donvillek!

#25 Nightmare

Nightmare

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:45 PM

View Postbutler, on 23 December 2013 - 02:34 PM, said:

Also nice sig NM

Thank you butler.  VideLe pr0 make it for me!

#26 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

k

#27 St_ArcaNe

St_ArcaNe

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:09 PM

Don't apologise man, you have the right to be an asshole, people can't gang up to ban you for being mean to them. What is this? I don't even...

#28 Mitch3

Mitch3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

This is ridiculous honestly, bann someone who does not fit you? and besides he stirs up OL anyway

#29 scarr

scarr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

its sad that learner allows this sort of shit

voted NO of course

#30 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2933 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

It's not shit, it's intended as a way for the community to determine when & how to regulate itself instead of writing up a thousand rules and having a police state.

#31 Ena

Ena

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCanuckistan

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

First of all, Gypsy, I'm a she, and prefer to be called so.

I only *sponsored* it, and there are a number of members in the community tired of his crap.
Just earlier I was harvesting and I ignored him:

[11:41:48] Donvillek: hi
[11:41:52] You started to harvest Silver Ore.
[11:41:59] Donvillek: how u doin
[11:42:22] Donvillek: slutty bitch
[11:42:24] Donvillek: haha

1.5 hours prior to me sponsoring the poll.  See, he's just a constant nuisance on a daily basis and cries when he doesn't get the attention he craves. When he sold Fire account, he told everyone how much better behaved he will be and how sorry he is, 3 days later, same shit different pile.
He takes away from my personal experience with OL and blames it on being 18.  If you're old enough to drink, you're old enough to take responsibility for your actions- you get a trial just like an adult ;)

It has nothing to do with a 'popularity contest' either, I'd have polls for just that pfft :P

#32 StarDark

StarDark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:15 AM

Amazing

#33 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:57 AM

Tbh Fire has always been a pain in the ass. I know he has bj'ed me once but bj'ing isn't illegal and so nothing can be done about it although your popularity will propbably decrease dramatically.
I really couldn't give a shit about this but the fact remains that he was scammed me (and oh yes I have screenies to prove it)  and I have a personal vendetta because of that.
Everybody knows that Fire is just a really immature person that obviously doesn't want friends and to keep the community happy.

I know that making a poll about this is extreme but..do you really want new players turning up to OL, hoping that its a good game to be greeted with Fire's abusive messages? I know that I would leave straight away if somebody randomly called me a 'slutty bitch'.
Do we really want people like Fire here within this community stirring shit up and driving away possible new players?

#34 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:37 AM

k.

#35 Ena

Ena

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCanuckistan

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:40 AM

I didn't create the words, I'm way too lazy for that.  It's even more pathetic that you lie.
$2 in Canada is easily made ;) goes to Learner, so it's not for nothing

#36 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1435 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:24 AM

Wait, he's 18? WTF?

Fire. Don't think that even though people are voting against banning you, your getting off scot free. They are voting against the principle of voting for player bans. Basically it shows people are dead tired of your smeg. Take this as a measure of how tired people are of you.

#37 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:34 AM

k

#38 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1435 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:57 AM

I think you failed to read anything anybody has posted lol. at least properly.

#39 Meneldor

Meneldor

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:23 AM

Geez, all I can say that u all are dumb as hell (insult intended).
If you want him out, than IGNORE HIM, not like this where you are giving him a spotlight. And stop trying to be martyrs and whiners, when you are the same as him. If BJ-ing wasn't a part of the game, then there would be no bags when u die or whatever. Every few months i come here this community is devolving instead of evolving...

#40 Kyndor

Kyndor

• PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationNY, NY

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:29 AM

In real life there are always people who are real assholes, and unfortunately it's not always possible to avoid them. In this respect, as in many others, OL mirrors rl.  I don't believe a permanent ban is the best solution to this kind of problem. If we do this, ban someone who offends us, it sets us up to sit in judgement over one person after another . . . I find that idea very distasteful.

I prefer that we find other, more creative and more fitting ways to deal with the inappropriate behavior of Fire/Donvillke and of future Fires. For example, can he be muted for a period of time so that he cannot use the regular chat channels? This would (mostly) prevent him from offending newer players. Even if a newer player comes across him in the game and is subjected to his behavior in local chat, they should also have interacted with many friendly and helpful players as well (and if they haven't that is the fault of all of us).

I also agree with Nightmare - I have never pk'd, but the really offensive players make me want to:D  It adds a certain amount of spice to the game.

Anyway, I have voted "no."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users