15 replies to this topic

#1 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1435 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

Well, since im seeing several bans and some repeat bans i thought id gather punishment ideas and ideas of how long people can make trouble till they go permanently.
so ideas for generic offenses:
  • Community service -
    • Harvest yaddayadda and give to L, before char is allowed to engage in battle, trade with anyone else, pick up or drop bags or generally do anything else. This way they can either do it quickly to finish their sentence, and if they cba, then well, they stay in that position
  • Fines -
    • pay yadda yadda to GIWS in one lump sum
    • or pay yadda yadda to GIWS for a certain period of time for repeat offenders
  • Red tag them for a certain time
  • Restrictions -
    • Can only play a certain time per day/week
    • Can only post a certain amount per day
    • Can only use a single skill
    • Can only log on when a mod (e.g. Learner is on)
  • Put him stuck in vermour/Carmien manor cages, red tagged, with no beam, and let them only get out once someone kills them with their kit on. (this is me just be ebul, ok)
What sounds popular is making them harv soley sulphur for GIWS. Alot.

Now this is basically a broad idea for punishments, for all players in game. Also i would like to ask, how much time should people spend on community service, if implemented?
  • 2 Weeks
  • 3 Weeks
  • 1 Month
  • Till they fill a quota?
  • Till they finish GIWS?
etc. Just, discuss and let me happily sit back and mix some vials now.

#2 scarr

scarr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

Where to get yadayada?
if there is no yadayada.. how can one expect to pay with such?

please think this trough...............................

#3 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1435 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

lol. that plant is my own secret. they must find it, then harv it in vast quanties, while i throw carrots at them.

#4 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

same question as above..wtf is yadabadamadafaka

#5 scarr

scarr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

yabadabadoooo!! so its like flintstones? i am confused

#6 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

Not bad idea at all.Hope we see something like this in future.
I like rectrictions Butler,like the person can play certain time in week.

#7 Hades

Hades

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

this is so dumb i had to slap myself to sleep to forget this nonsense

#8 Kyndor

Kyndor

• PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationNY, NY

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:59 PM

I think it's only useful to a point to have a general discussion about this. Ultimately, there needs to be a set structure of specific consequences for specific actions. Optimally, the consequence will have some relationship to the questionable behavior.  This requires that there be a separate set of consequences for the breaking of each rule, i.e. a lot of work.

Below is a suggestion for a framework/template to use as a starting point. This way everyone can discuss/argue about specific consequences for behavior and possibly make some decisions. There are likely many other rules that require consideration. As an example, I am addressing only the two issues I hear discussed most often.

Illegal Multi:
  • First offense - Pay a fine to GWIS of an amount twice the value of the items illegally traded (would require Learner's involvement re checking logs, etc.)

In the event that the individual does not have the gc to make this payment, their game play will be limited to harvesting and selling to NPC until such time as they have acquired the necessary amount of gc.

• Second offense - Pay a fine to the GWIS of an amount 5 times the value of the items illegally traded, or 25,000 gc, whichever is greater.
  • Third offense - Pay a fine to the GWIS of an amount 10 times the value of the items illegally traded or 50,000 gc, whichever is greater, and be banned from having any alts for a period of 1 year.
  • Fourth offense - Pay a fine to the GWIS of 100,000 gc and be permanently banned from having any alts.
  • Fifth offense - Sixth month suspension from the game and a storage wipe.
  • Sixth offense - 1 year suspension from the game and a storage wipe.
  • Seventh offense - permanently banned from the game.

Using profanity, or making attacking/demeaning remarks about an individual, their race, gender, religion, country of origin, or sexual orientation on @1:
  • First offense: Pay a fine of 5,000 gc to GWIS
  • Second offense - pay a fine of 10,000 gc to GWIS
  • Third offense - muted on @1 for a period of 1 month
  • Fourth offense - muted on @1 for a period of 6 months
  • Fifth offense - permanently banned from @1

I am sure people will disagree with some/most/all of this, but at least it gives a starting point to work from.

#9 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

Personally I feel that 7 offences is damn too long.
Throw them out after 3.  
Sure you make a 'mistake' and promise never to do it ever again. Everybody deserves a 2nd chance etc etc
2nd offence..well you knew before what if would lead to since you've already committed the 1st offence but still went with it..dumb ass.
3rd offence..you would have to be purely ignorant to the fact of rule breaking and you are obviously wanting to get into trouble or don't give a flying shit about anybody but yourself...out!

Just my 2 cents..I really feel that 7 chances are too many.

#10 Ena

Ena

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCanuckistan

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:16 AM

This ch 1 business sucks. I enjoy swearing and making fun of Australians/Americans/Males

Might as well ban me now ;*(

#11 St_ArcaNe

St_ArcaNe

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:30 AM

lol @ EL type punishments, you fkn sadists.

Go ahead and ban someone for 'chat abuse', and see what happens. If someone has no storage, banned characters or is perma muted, then it is nothing for them to just get a proxy, make a new char, and spam the shit out of channels, far worse than they previously did. Having failed to deal with the situation yourselves, and having aggrevated the individual in the process and freed them of anything that binds them to civil conduct, they can do pretty much what they like, and then the situation has to be dealt with by learner, the third party, who'd have to mute and ban every new alt this person makes, wasting his time.

People will always disagree, offend each other, and break rules, punishing them for these actions only gets you so far, the key lies in removing the issue. Perhaps people should not be able to be in the 'Newb Channel' (I've yet to see any newbs, but lets call it that for argument's sake), unless they are a designated helper, and everyone with a skill over level 20 should not be able to join there, thereby fixing the issue of chasing newbs away with profanity.

As for the illegal multi, an exploitable opportunity like this should not exist to tempt players to use it. It seems logical to not do it because it defeats the purpose of having an economy to anyone with half a brain, but on the other hand why does such and incredibly easily exploitable loophole like this exist, with such harsh punishments. You'd think that something so gamebreakingly evil would not be as simple as clicking twice, switching to another client and clicking twice again.

DO NOT LEAVE SUCH SIMPLE LOOPHOLES WITH SUCH SEVERE REPERCUSSIONS LYING AROUND DEPENDING ON PEOPLE'S PERSONAL MORALITY. IF IT IS THIS SIMPLE TO GET BANNED, AND TAKES UP SO MUCH MODERATION TIME, THEN EITHER LEGALISE IT, OR CHANGE THE MECHANICS OF THE GAME. STOP FKN THINKING UP WAYS OF PUNISHING PEOPLE FOR INHERENT FLAWS IN THE GAME, AND SEEK OUT A SOLUTION THAT FIXES THE ROOT-PROBLEM, NOT THE SUBSEQUENT OFFENSES BY THE PEOPLE SNARED BY ITS EASILY EXPLOITABLE NATURE.

It's like that show 'The biggest loser' where they leave food lying around a house with fat people in it, and then ask them why they go and eat it? It's what they do, they can't fkn help it lol.

#12 Kyndor

Kyndor

• PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationNY, NY

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:05 AM

View PostCoduX, on 30 January 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

Throw them out after 3.  
Sure you make a 'mistake' and promise never to do it ever again. Everybody deserves a 2nd chance etc etc

I suggested this many chances because a large number of people involved in the conversation we were having yesterday seemed to feel that this should not be such a big deal. . .

I am not wedded to any of what I wrote - I was just trying to create a framework for people to edit rather than continuing the same circular round of complaining and attacking that never goes anywhere.

View PostEna, on 31 January 2014 - 12:16 AM, said:

This ch 1 business sucks. I enjoy swearing and making fun of Australians/Americans/Males

Might as well ban me now ;*(

I enjoy the above as well ;) (well, not the Australians part since I don't really know any [Australians]). There is a difference between good-natured teasing, which is not what I was referring to here, and making racist, homophobic, xenophobic, and sexist remarks/attacks.

View PostSt_ArcaNe, on 31 January 2014 - 05:30 AM, said:

Go ahead and ban someone for 'chat abuse', and see what happens.

Nowhere did I suggest people be banned for chat abuse - I suggested that they be banned/muted from @1, which is a very different thing.

View PostSt_ArcaNe, on 31 January 2014 - 05:30 AM, said:

As for the illegal multi, an exploitable opportunity like this should not exist to tempt players to use it. It seems logical to not do it because it defeats the purpose of having an economy to anyone with half a brain, but on the other hand why does such and incredibly easily exploitable loophole like this exist, with such harsh punishments. You'd think that something so gamebreakingly evil would not be as simple as clicking twice, switching to another client and clicking twice again.

DO NOT LEAVE SUCH SIMPLE LOOPHOLES WITH SUCH SEVERE REPERCUSSIONS LYING AROUND

This is actually a very good suggestion and would resolve the whole problem. Is there no way to eliminate the possibility of having an Alt? If people could not have alts, there could not be illegal multi . . .

#13 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2933 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:38 AM

There are several problems that make alt blocked more of a problem. You can easily have more then one person on the same IP playing that are not alts (GypsyNomad & GypsyFae, Legolas & Hexa being two good example). Also, proxy's give people a way to try to hide their IP's and there are ways people could multiplay keeping chars on separate IP's.

#14 Hades

Hades

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:33 AM

>run multiple instances of windows
>use proxy or Virtual Private Networks
>multiplay the shit out of OL

Fix root problem, dont find ways to punish people. lel

/gotta go turbo

#15 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1435 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:47 AM

I wasnt saying this was all for multi...i was wondering what we should have set as distinct punishments for all rules breakages and where people want the line drawn for repeat offenders.

yaddayadda was a placeholder for how many people want harved.

And i started topic because i asked what this was and L said was to be decided, i took some examples from chat and forums and put them up. I outlined a few thoughts, and want you to discuss a broad range of rule violations punishments and determine what you want, as i dont really mind too much, since i have no interest or advantage in breaking the rule personally.

All i posted arent all what i think should be done, but possible ideas or line of thoughts people could choose to go down or ignore.

What i'm personally for is restrictions, so they can still play, but are limited in their ability till they prove they will behave.

Now please discuss what you think our system of punishments should be, equal bans for all crimes, different punishments, community service...etc...

#16 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

View PostKyndor, on 31 January 2014 - 07:05 AM, said:

View PostCoduX, on 30 January 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

Throw them out after 3.  

I suggested this many chances because a large number of people involved in the conversation we were having yesterday seemed to feel that this should not be such a big deal. . .

I am not wedded to any of what I wrote - I was just trying to create a framework for people to edit rather than continuing the same circular round of complaining and attacking that never goes anywhere.
No problem :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users