• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2732 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:11 PM

There are people that have been breaking the rules and slipping below the radar so they rule breakage has not been noticed in a timely fashion. I had hoped that you people would behave and that is obviously not the case.

Several examples:
  • Alts trading (directly or via bags or third parties)
  • Alts training with each other (including magic)
  • Adding or removing items to/from traded players (a variation of alt interaction some people think is legal)
  • Blackmarket GC Sales

While buying/selling chars being legal or not is something that the community should decide, when you buy or sell them you CAN NOT transfer items!

Thanks to repeat offenders, when I can continue coding time will have to be spent on these issues instead of Magic!

Anyone found to be stretching the rules which the community has voted in moving forward will suffer, even if it's found after the fact! Unfortunately this will cause problems for families, so please play carefully!

#2 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:02 PM

Understood almost 0 .

Its nice to hear that something will be done.

#3 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

So are we doing the ask/tell you who has alts and are different people on same pc? (my brother plans to come here soon) just for clarification

#4 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

I dislike cheating in all its many and varied forms and, can well understand ppl's frustration with it. However, i'd suggest that the problem has less to do with the propensity of a few to cheat than with the fact that the game seems wide open to it. Emphasising the rules might impress those who already abide by them but, is unlikely to be much of a deterrent to those that don't

If cheating is really beginning to be a problem (as opposed to simply being an annoyance), then we need a new approach.

#5 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

Psychology of players is an issue. Look at EL; lots of "features" people didnt actually like, but took full advantage of them, just because they were there. You get people who take advantage of the verbal length of rule rather than physical prevention as a way of coasting on the line, or just over in a non obvious way. What we need is a combination of serious punishments as a deterrent and as system of alerting rule breakages or limiting the ease of commiting them. a simple way for black market gc is to not allow for one sided trades with the exception of newbies, or dropping large sums of gc. multi could be not allowing chars on same IP trading rights to each other unless cleared with learner FIRST. etc. etc.

Once one rules broken, its easier to break others. Once one rule becomes unrespected or not abided to, the fear of breaking it ends. Also id like botters to lose half there exp or permanent char ban. Get that in other games, or IP bans. If you cba playing to level, you dont deserve to enjoy them at all.

#6 Hades

Hades

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

Botting and macro-ing is punishable I guess, but multi-trades is only an issue due to the harvesting system that is in place. If multi were legal, people would just harvest with 4-5 characters or so. Make harvestables deplete-able and allow multi. Anyway, fix root problem, don't just go around punishing players for taking advantage of the game's flaws (after all, players needn't bring 3rd party software in order to multiplay, as they'd need for botting and/or macroing).

#7 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2732 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:13 PM

View PostHades, on 10 February 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

Botting and macro-ing is punishable I guess, but multi-trades is only an issue due to the harvesting system that is in place. If multi were legal, people would just harvest with 4-5 characters or so. Make harvestables deplete-able and allow multi. Anyway, fix root problem, don't just go around punishing players for taking advantage of the game's flaws (after all, players needn't bring 3rd party software in order to multiplay, as they'd need for botting and/or macroing).
The community is who decided not to allow alts interacting with each other. If you make the resources deletable then you'll hear other complaints and people will abuse the resources in order to keep others from getting them.

#8 Hades

Hades

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:10 PM

It wouldn't be worse than what we have now - an unlimited amount of static resources that just promote the use of macros and botting, and/or repetitive gameplaying experience.

#9 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:32 AM

honestly,the game is losing more players because of having too much rules,than it would lose cuz of no rules... thats all shit what EL has

#10 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:29 AM

• we have, less than 10 rules...
  • we lose players either because they dont fancy playing a beta game, relevelling, because its not what they are looking for, or because they dont want to expend there time on it yet/ever.
  • Compared to other games, rule breakages are punished extremely leniently
  • I posted a full list of reasons newbs quit EL in EL forums, with only 2 rules being contributers. But yes men dont seem to acknowledge it.
Issue is nobody respects the rules. I've seen ads for black market gc from same people who voted in the rule, and people just deciding to abide to them if they feel like it.

What your suggesting HadeS with depletable resources is straight from RuneScape. Its still very macroable. And considering they have someone full time employed to seek out macros, thats a combination against it, being too much effort.

Also thinking that some people would use 4-5 chars is a bit excessive. PK server most had main and harv alt. Too much effort for most people. I also hate the comment "Botting and macro-ing is punishable I guess"  because if you dont punish it, and im yet to play a game where they dont completely kill ALL your characters, you screw those who actually play.

I dont know what the soloution to harving should be, maybe just adding depletable resources would require far more on maps with well thought through cool downs and probably more to counter act macroers. Issue is every addition to stop macroers also screws us mixer/harvers, which almost always seems to be missed by fighters or programmers.

View PostHades, on 10 February 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

It wouldn't be worse than what we have now - an unlimited amount of static resources that just promote the use of macros and botting, and/or repetitive gameplaying experience.

I wouldnt say it promotes macros but makes it vulnerable. What promotes macros are players that dont see it as an unfair way to gain an upper hand.

#11 Hades

Hades

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:09 AM

lol man, rules here compared to other games are lenient? I play WoW and there are only like 2-3 rules there, mainly regarding botting. Trading between chars is allowed, resources - although deplete-able - are still easy to come by and there is a language filter for those who talk trash. Gold selling is also allowed.

To be honest, EL has way too many rules. The main problem with multiplay are resources and the fact that they are unlimited and static. And no, the idea is not from the shit-tier game Runescape, most games have such a system implemented.

I've no idea what kind of aids infested shit games you played before, but the ones I did never had such idiot rules and punishments.

#12 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:26 AM

Botting was permaban on all the games a played. I was playing small games which are far more comparable since we are a small game. I was speaking from my experience, you from yours. It doesnt mean we need to insult each other.

EL does have too many rules. We dont really.

• Use your common sense, until the community decides be conservative about what will or wont be allowed Use your common sense, not really a rule. Well actually, more common sense.
  • Keep the channels 'clean' and when possible, on topic. As the community decides and grows this will change as needed Common sense, again
  • If you have discussions in channel about game improvements or changes, try to get the ideas into the forums so more people can provide feedback and they don't get lost Wow, even more common sense
  • What we have is just what we're starting with, things WILL be changing Not even a rule, just a reminder
  • Due to spammers, hackers, etc, use of a proxy known to be used for illegal or abusive purposes will not be permitted. Using private proxy systems that have not been abusing the Internet is permitted. Just to stop crap ruining game
  • Characters or Alts shall not interact in any way with other characters run by the same player in any way. It is best if you don't even have an Alt at all. This is not limited by IP or who is running the character at the time of the offense. Other players should not assist by being middle men or help or they may be included in punishment. Punishment can include losing all items or all characters You voted it in. Controversial, but relevant till we sort out major flaws of EL
  • No gc Sales for RL $'s etc / aka no black market gc sales. Not that uncommon and MMO rule, ESPECIALLY FOR A F2P GAME.
basically rule #2, #5, #6 & #7, so four rules in reality. #5 is basically a warning about using malicious proxies as well, so you only need to abide to 3 rules really.

#13 Hades

Hades

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:49 AM

Odd how there is no rule against botting in that rulebook. Anyhow, gold-coin sales are not permitted because we don't want to fuck the economy up, although that is a rule that will be hard to enforce on players, as you can't possibly know what is a gift and what is a sale. Altering the game in such a way as gold coin sales and multi-playing can be allowed would really be nice.

#14 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:33 AM

Rules are created to breake them.

No rules=peace forever

#15 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:34 AM

gc sales would be difficult to do, and i think it could only work through an auction house tbh.

tbh the rule post should be editted into Rules with botting added and the common sense as notes on how to behave.

View PostFire, on 11 February 2014 - 07:33 AM, said:

No rules=peace forever
anarchy? Wow, lets allowing everybody to be assholes and see how many people are left except for trolls, till they get bored and quit.
amazing observation

#16 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2732 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:56 AM

View PostFire, on 11 February 2014 - 07:33 AM, said:

No rules=peace forever
And you wonder why you keep getting into trouble!

#17 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:22 PM

yes it was stupid,I dont think no rules its ok,but too many of them is much more shit than 0 of them

#18 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:10 AM

To last butlers comment, who the fuck told you that no rules will make everyone being an asshole? Problem lays in human nature and this is getting unstopable while you limit it.
I know a lot about psychology what makes me being good lurer in some way.

#19 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:42 AM

View PostFire, on 22 October 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

To last butlers comment, who the fuck told you that no rules will make everyone being an asshole? Problem lays in human nature and this is getting unstopable while you limit it.
I know a lot about psychology what makes me being good lurer in some way.

First, none of the last sentence made any sense. As to anarchism, it only works if everyone really needs each other, and best works as a social-anarchism or communist-anarchism where by everything is pretty much shared and everyone works together with no law on them, in the same line as some communities during the Spanish Civil war. As there isn't really any consequences (really) to fcking up the game or the players, without any rules, the game will just degrade.

Also what's with you an necroing half year old topics? honestly, if you necro you really should have a good reason. Most other forums would have banned you by now for this. It mucks up the forums, even more so with the way people have put topics in forums that really don't make sense.

#20 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:50 AM

I totally dont agree that social anarchy is good, then nothing is private and there is no chance for you make a great carrier. Most forums would ban me ? Maybe with you as moderator.
Stop licking some ppl asses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users