65 replies to this topic

#41 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2809 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:52 PM

View PostMitch3, on 07 March 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

As it has been 2 weeks + I'm looking for a set date I can be unlocked or approximately. As you say learner you have to do some coding for exp reduction. From expierence this could take months+. So I'm wondering how long this will approximately take.
No, it won't take months, I just need to make sure that the tool to mangle a players stats knows about OL's new EXP setup. It already knows about the other major changes to how players are saved.

#42 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2809 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:40 AM

I'm going to remove all of your items and revert all your stats back to what you were at the beginning of the year, which is about the time you decided to start using your alt to cheat. For players wondering if that's enough, keep in mind he is loosing 10 OA levels, so a sizable chunk of exp is being removed.

The alt stays locked as well!

#43 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:22 AM

tbh i think thats a little bit excessive.
I mean about half of those he probably did himself.

#44 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2809 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:30 AM

Some sort of punishment was required, not just removing the excess exp because it was obvious he wasw doing this on purpose, even after the posting of the Final Warning about cheaters. There were players pushing for 50% exp removal all skills as well.

#45 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:15 AM

50% exp would have been so much overkill
but i understand your logic L.

Should be interesting if the same people pushing for 50% are those who've also been breaking the rules.

#46 Mitch3

Mitch3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:01 PM

Was nice game for awhile. +1 for community -1 for EL style of mod punishment. Gave my char away -1 active player

#47 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

I did say it was excessive -.-
the 2 weeks ban, alt locked and a small exp reduction in certain skills was what i thought you were goin to do L. doing from 1st jan just got rid of 2 months work, an he's waited 2 weeks to get char back. The amount of time lost on char is too much...

knocking off his pot would have been punishment because he lost the time... its not all the statistics that are kept in game that need to be though about, but also time.

Edited by butler, 08 March 2014 - 03:17 PM.

#48 Mitch3

Mitch3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

Yeah thanks butler, tbh I just think L didn't want to do all coding ect, so he just set me back but whatever

#49 kav

kav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:08 PM

You could of just taken everything you already multi'd and kept playing without repercussions but you continued even after the warning.

#50 Mitch3

Mitch3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

-1 kav for stating obvious

#51 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:21 AM

We had the overzealous making their opinion heard and the rest were quiet thinking you'd get a moderate punishment.

Tbh i think it should be editted to having sto wipe, dwarf locked and revert his pot (only pot) to jan. Time lost on char adds to that being pretty harsh, but recoverable and is setting him fairly far back (he had a pretty damn good sto) but isnt effectively setting him back 3+ months (2 months of exp/time, probably over another for getting the gc and items..)

#52 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2809 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:31 AM

What do you suppose he did with the > 200kgc that was traded just in the first two weeks? Followed by more then 300kgc worth of items the next week? And the large regular deliveries of harvestables after that? Would you also have wanted me to have given him a free soft reset to removing the excess PP's he got & used or would you rather he have decided how to reduce his stats while removing the PP's gained from all the mixing?

Keep in mind also that I took no action against him at the time I warned everyone to stop and then he still continued. There is also a lot of previous history of other trades on previous chars. For example, when he had hexa & Mitch3, I had to deal with him about illegal trades back then as well. This means there is a history of repeated offenses and he has already been a problem in the past along with the global warning that I would be cracking down ans he continued.

This isn't just about trying to undo the benefits of having an alt supply items, this is about trying to stop it from continuing again from repeated massive events on his part. He knew he was breaking the rules and didn't care and continued to.

#53 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:03 AM

I didn't know this hidden history so it looked unreasonable without it...
with it though...

#54 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2809 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:06 AM

Which is part of the reason I felt I had to shed more light on the previous history. There are other people who have already gotten slapped for illegal multi but I like avoid all the excess drama when possible.

#55 GypsyNomad

GypsyNomad

• PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

View PostLearner, on 09 March 2014 - 07:06 AM, said:

Which is part of the reason I felt I had to shed more light on the previous history. There are other people who have already gotten slapped for illegal multi but I like avoid all the excess drama when possible.
A Just Punishment Learner, We all know the rules.

#56 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:59 PM

The right decision but, i'll miss Dwarf. He was very cheeky and entertaining.

Seal. Fucking man-up and get your arse back in-game. Being young ain't an excuse, same as being an old tosser isn't much of an excuse for Samson. Unless I see the pair of you standing to attention by your beds, i'm afraid i'll have to slap your arses.

Yous haz been warned

#57 Mitch3

Mitch3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:33 AM

Nope

#58 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

You will be missed. You were a good player and much fun. :(

#59 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

View Postthemuntdregger, on 12 March 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

You will be missed. You were a good player and much fun. :(
Had some good fun with you like i did with MADALINUX/Atomos in PK/Invasions. Shame :(

#60 Mitch3

Mitch3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

I'm back niggas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users