• PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

[Achilles @ 1]: how about a small equipment change to help make things fresh ^^
[Achilles @ 1]: steel shield +8 def, -4 accu, -2 crit to hit
[Achilles @ 1]: iron shield +6 def, -2 accu, -1 crit to hit
[Achilles @ 1]: enhanced wood shield +4 def, +0 accu, +0 crit to hit
[Achilles @ 1]: wood shield +2 def +2 accu +1 crit to hit

I think this would help because then no one shield would be best in every situation and that is a good thing ^^.

#2 Hades

Hades

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:46 AM

yeah this sounds good

#3 St_ArcaNe

St_ArcaNe

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:58 AM

Yes good idea, as always the whole linear advancing line of armours and weapons from good to bad should be reworked for more diverse and accurate stats so that it is not just a case of bad, good, better and best. It is obvious that a shield made of wood would be far lighter and faster to manoeuvre than a big piece of metal, but have less stopping power.

Same applies to metal and leather armours, and different types of weapons.

Not to derail the topic or anything, but shields made of animal hides stretched over a wooden or metal frame were very popular as well. I've always wondered why it was never introduced (there being so many types of animal skins in game, but no real use for them). Also spiked shields (to be used actively as an off-hand weapon), or shields with hooks and notches to trap/break blades were also commonly used. It'd be nice to see some variations in shields.

#4 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:25 AM

View PostSt_ArcaNe, on 21 June 2014 - 06:58 AM, said:

Not to derail the topic or anything, but shields made of animal hides stretched over a wooden or metal frame were very popular as well. I've always wondered why it was never introduced (there being so many types of animal skins in game, but no real use for them). Also spiked shields (to be used actively as an off-hand weapon), or shields with hooks and notches to trap/break blades were also commonly used. It'd be nice to see some variations in shields.
Makes sense. Hard Leather (stretched over wood framing or a wooden shield itself), soft leather alternatives and the like. It would be nice to get ones in Knights styles, targes and even tribal ones for greater variation.

I like the principle and how it look tbh, but in the end i would only ever use the steel, because i can't ever hit anyway, I might as well get the extra def :>
I'd like this to expand to cover armours, swords and the like, as St_arc said, as well as using this idea as the basis of any new items

#5 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:35 AM

Yeah man +1

#6 Hades

Hades

• PipPip
  • 380 posts