•  

Perk system

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

Poll: How should Perks be awarded? (149 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we use PP's or one perk every X OA levels (X is TBD)

1. Yes, lets allow one perk to be chosen for every X OA levels (117 votes [78.52%])

Percentage of vote: 78.52%

2. I don't know (2 votes [1.34%])

Percentage of vote: 1.34%

3. No, lets continue to use PP's so you have to choose where to use it. (21 votes [14.09%])

Percentage of vote: 14.09%

4. Other (see comment below) (9 votes [6.04%])

Percentage of vote: 6.04%

If it's 1 Perk for every X OA levels, what might be a good value for X?

1. More then 10 OA levels (24 votes [16.11%])

Percentage of vote: 16.11%

2. 1 PerkPoint every 10 OA (61 votes [40.94%])

Percentage of vote: 40.94%

3. 1 PerkPoint every 8 OA (5 votes [3.36%])

Percentage of vote: 3.36%

4. 1 PerkPoint every 6 OA (6 votes [4.03%])

Percentage of vote: 4.03%

5. 1 PerkPoint every 5 OA (34 votes [22.82%])

Percentage of vote: 22.82%

6. I don't know (8 votes [5.37%])

Percentage of vote: 5.37%

7. Other (11 votes [7.38%])

Percentage of vote: 7.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Aislinn

Aislinn

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

Do we have to use them?

#22 bog

bog

• PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

perhaps, if it wad formulated properly each branch of ''perks'' would be attractive to both fighting and non fighting players

after all, if you can at one time use any skill in EL ( theoretically ) you should be allowed to fine tune that skill perhaps to give you an ever changing possibility of roles and tactics for developing your character

Think of perhaps the Crafting Skill if you wanted to be an Exquisite Crafter you could focus your ''perk'' tree towards allowing you for example :

Lord of the Crowns : Your Head gear making ability far surpasses those without your advanced skill. Your Crowns become lighter , and those made by you require less steel bars.

Ring Ring, Ring Ring : Your advanced learning allows you a small chance of creating 2 rings at once, but this only works for Tele rings and while making rings inside a Crafting Temple ( of the Gods )

and so on ?

#23 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationMelburn, Strayamate.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

View Postscarr, on 01 October 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

that is just boring, you need perks to define roles imo
Disagree.
Attribute build and gear selection are plenty enough.

#24 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

I hope you people are going to put massive amounts of thought into what exactly the perks are going to be, you're treading in "fuck up the game if you get it wrong" territory.

#25 Nova

Nova

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

oh phew, i'm glad someone said it.  i voted yes to the idea of perk points at XX oas because i do think it's a neat idea, but i really really hope we'll be able to see and vote on a list of well balanced perks someday.   this poll is kinda backward to me.  seems like we should vote on if a list of perks should be added, then vote on how to take them.

#26 bog

bog

• PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostKorrode, on 01 October 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

I hope you people are going to put massive amounts of thought into what exactly the perks are going to be, you're treading in "fuck up the game if you get it wrong" territory.

well yeh it would have to be based entirely around a well grounded and solid combat and mxing system, so until those have been sorted, this is la la land

but the potential for making the game better will all ways lay on the makers of the game aparently so chucking around ideas in the forum is necessary, especially considering the distinct lack of any real fucking head way in ze past regarding like, everything

*edit* what you DONT want is the Old Perk system it is fucking awful really, everyone knows the routine of neg ftw

its a way to make people choose thier perks wisely because in the Daisy system you have to kind of specialize and at least be good at the fucking skill you get a bonus in ( which means you need pre requisites for this reward system I guess , such as Entering a Mystery School or attaining AP. But you should never get an awesome perk like Stunning Axe To Grind unless you earn it some more defined way than --- Cost 5 PP at the Wraith )

FYI I voted OTHER & OTHER

#27 Aislinn

Aislinn

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

I voted other and other.
I don't like this setup but I sure as heck don't want the EL version either.

Perks should be made to suit the game.  Not put in first.  In my opinion, this poll is pointless since the game is nowhere near established (and what about korrode's combat system?!) and it is impossible at this time to know what perks, if any, would be appropriate.

#28 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

Well if enough people want perks in the game then there will be perks in the game, regardless of where the game is in its 'establishment' or what attribute/combat system we have.

I'm sure the vote is simply if we have perks when should 'perk points' be given.

- My question is though could/would 1 perk cost more than 1 perk point? For instance an 'Evanescence' style perk, would I need 50 OA before I can take it (5 Perk Points) just as an example.

I voted 'Yes, lets allow one perk to be chosen for every X OA levels'  -   '1 PerkPoint every 10 OA'

#29 Aislinn

Aislinn

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

But how can people know if they want perks in the game if they don't know how the game is played yet? :P

#30 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

Because the like the idea of perks as a concept :-)

Bat17

#31 bog

bog

• PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

View PostAislinn, on 02 October 2012 - 08:18 AM, said:

But how can people know if they want perks in the game if they don't know how the game is played yet? :P

well, first of all you are right but throw us a bone here its obvious this is where discussion regarding development of OL is happening

yes we would like to see Korrodes combat system but until then this Poll exists to throw around ideas

refusing to discuss is fine but if you dont have much to add regarding perks why keep telling people nobody wants them?

lol

#32 Aislinn

Aislinn

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

I am not telling people they don't want perks.
I am saying, until we know what our base concept will be, we can't very well know what perks we need/want.
I am also saying, this aspect should wait until later when the foundation is down.

#33 Torg

Torg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

View PostaTeh, on 02 October 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

until then this Poll exists to throw around ideas
A Poll shouldn't be used for discussion. It should be used for making a decision. We can't make a decision until the facts are known. Therefore a poll at this point in time is completely useless.

#34 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

I agree with Aislinn that development of any kind of perk system should be put on the backburner until more baseline combat system stuff has been decided on.

Also just realised poll is "How should perks be awarded?"... WTF, where's the first poll, the one that comes before this, the one that asks "Do we want to develop a perk-type system at all?".

Voting other & other and hoping that Learner has good enough judgement to hold off on this irrelevant of the outcome of the poll.

Shit has to be developed in an appropriate order people.
I know a lot of you are anxious for OL to take shape, but it takes time, if stuff is rushed now and people are making polls and voting on stuff on a whim and without proper considerations, information, discussion, etc... the whole thing will get screwed up.

#35 scarr

scarr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

Go on, make a Who wants Perks poll, i am sure the outcome will be in favor of perks...

#36 bog

bog

• PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

yeh ok i dont mind either way , theres got to be consensus and if you dont like perks thats ok too but if you can tell me the appropriate place to discuss where we wont be having perks thatd be awesome guys

#37 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:17 AM

View Postscarr, on 03 October 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:

Go on, make a Who wants Perks poll, i am sure the outcome will be in favor of perks...
Not saying it wouldn't be, but that's not the point of my post.

The point is don't go building floor 5 when floors 2-4 aren't done yet.

#38 Torg

Torg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

View Postscarr, on 03 October 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:

It doesn't matter what the outcome of a "who wants a perk" poll is... we need to know the rest of the attrib/stats system before looking at perks.

#39 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:47 AM

View PostKorrode, on 03 October 2012 - 02:17 AM, said:

Not saying it wouldn't be, but that's not the point of my post.

The point is don't go building floor 5 when floors 2-4 aren't done yet.

But there is no point building floors 2-4 without knowing if there will be a floor 5, it will affect the way the lower floors have to be designed!

So really the question of perks is fundemental to the plan

Bat17

#40 bog

bog

• PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:07 AM

sorry they rick rolled your poll dude

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users