#1 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:29 AM

Hello
As Ol is new server and we are going to be quite different than EL, I propose to create new continent, maybe few continents.
I know that L has already new starting island, but rest of maps is same important, also how nice would that be.
First of all we have to plan things how that all would look like.Mess is definatelly not welcome and I always keep work in clear state.
So I expect some Learners comment saying what he plans and thinks.I think time has came and there is no any problem in having new world map.
Comment below..

#2 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:36 AM

I agree with totally different/new maps. Would love to go and explore somewhere different

#3 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2403 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:06 AM

I think at this point I need to give up on the IP replacement that had been worked on, will need to be started fresh.

#4 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1415 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:05 PM

I have a fantastic idea for an original starting map. I think FC is a bit cluttered, so I would be happy to do a new starting map instead.
I think we should just make 1 continent of sprawling maps imo, but I always thought a completely new selection of maps was eventually going to replace those from EL.

#5 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:10 PM

Learners english is quite enough above what I can read and understand, did he mean that he has new IP which is shit and he needs new?
btw, related to starting area, I would place it somewhere in center of world map instead of on its edge..
butler I saw your map its not bad man

#6 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1415 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:50 PM

View PostFire, on 17 November 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

did he mean that he has new IP which is shit and he needs new?
He thinks the one he's got isn't going to work, and he needs a new one.

#7 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:11 PM

If ever I will be allowed and community decide so, I am up for to create another starting island, think scarr would do it also as well.
But this is small thing anyway, I am wondering why big maps are giving more lags.. and some way to decrease them.

#8 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1415 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:46 PM

Big maps give lag, I'm guessing, just for the simple fact that they contain more. The server has to handle EVERYTHING on that map, remembering where everything else is on that map, and relay it to the client, so you can see when things come into view. I'm assuming that's where the issue stems from.

As for starting Island. I'd love multiple heights, and a good old celtic ring as the beam, at the +4m mark.

#9 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2403 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:45 AM

Big maps also give big lag just in the client itself because with every frame there is processing it needs to do with EVERY object on the map just to see if it might be visible, then tere is additional processing to see if it is visible, then all the stuff related to actually drawing it shadow reflections, etc. Even the angle and direction you are looking in suddenly becomes a factor that affects your FPS, and the clients FPS directly affects your lag.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users